PDA

View Full Version : What's in YOUR trunk?

Herk7769
01-04-2014, 08:12 PM
I wrote this up for my kids located on the west coast.
After reading Radio's post, putting a few silver Eagles and some cash might not be a bad idea.

Herk

electricflyer
01-17-2014, 09:01 PM
I grew up in SW Iowa, in Council Bluffs (across the Missouri River from Omaha) and when the weather started to get cold in winter I took the time to stock the trunk of the car. Always start with a blanket or two, several candles, flashlight, candy bars, an aluminum grain scoop (a snow shovel wouldn't cut it in heavy snow drifts). Tire chains and jumper cables. A lot of times they would predict snow flurries and it would turn out to become a blizzard. One time they predicted flurries and we got 18" of flurries.
But I now live on the West side of Atlanta and don't own chains or a scoop.
People in Iowa ask "when are you moving back", my answer "never". Love the people but not the winters.

wa8yxm
01-18-2014, 07:25 AM
I have none of that stuff in the trunk of the car but when I'm in the car I tend to be in highly civilized areas and carry ye old communications devices (multiple). So help is relatively easy to summon.. And as a full time RVer, I avoid snow.

However in the other vehicle... Well the other vehicle is.. MY HOUSE, so I've bot it all plus 5500 watts of electrical power and depending on the last refill up to around 20 gallons of Propane. Now, if you must park beside the road due to whatever (For example the idiot up ahead of me who parked his convertable UNDER a semi truck at 70 MPH in the 55 zone) Well. that's the way to do it. Food, Water, Coffee, Entainerment, Toilet.. I had it all.

Radio
01-18-2014, 08:27 AM
Picked up a 3 of these (they come 3 to a package) at Auto-zone.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/AutoZone-9-in-1-LED-roadside-emergency-flare/_/N-25ma?itemIdentifier=295537_0_0_

Pulled over to help a Class A who managed to get himself stuck in a ditch and realized I had no flares or markers of any kind. So I went out to get some flares. They weren't what I went in there for, but for the price they seem to fit the bill.

I put one in each vehicle and the trailer.