He (my son) asked, she said yes.

Both families are tickled pink!

Could not be happier :jitter:

NN5I
03-23-2014, 07:36 PM
People still do that?

wa8yxm
03-24-2014, 07:27 AM
Well... Just out of coursity... How old is your son?

I ask because.... Many of my classmates, back when I graduated high school (As far as I know I'm still the youngest grad they ever turned out) got married right away...... You see. back then boys took shop, girls home ec. so he did not know how to boil water and she could not do simple repairs.. They had no choice but to marry their skills together.

I took shop and for other reasons (Not in school) also learned how to cook.... I got married at 27... And.. My divorce.. Well, the traditional "Till Death Do You Part".. About a year ago she lost control of a car and smacked a tree at 55 MPH. Died, it appears, upon impact.

I am looking for a new traveling companion (Female, say low to mid sixties) but ... Well.... Not all that hard just yet.

Andy N1ORK
03-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Congrats to your son and his fiance! Also to you and your family.
73!!

Radio
03-24-2014, 08:28 AM
He will be 32 when the knot is tied.

The backstory is really sweet. They've done it right and we are proud of them.

wa8yxm
03-25-2014, 07:53 AM
32 Sounds like he is old enough to have made a good choice.... That was about my Brother's age on his 3rd (And so far final) wedding.. I got married at 27, and so far that's been my only marraige.. Though I'm not eligable to re-marry it is not due to divorce but rather via the method specified in the vows "Till death do you part". Where as for most of the last year I was saying "I'm accepting applications for traveling companion, but not interviewing ye".. I've moved it up a notch to actually solicating applications, and if the one I'm soliciting comes in I WILL interview (But then if she wants the job... It is hers, The interview is a formality, Known her a long time, lost contact, managed to track her down).

N3LYT
03-25-2014, 05:00 PM
Married at 21 in "67" still married don't know why she hasn't shot me yet certainly it would have been justifiable.

Andy N1ORK
03-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Married in '69, both of us being 25. Been a great 44+ years!!

KF5BET
03-29-2014, 10:45 PM
WOW Congratulations to the couple....I must be one of the young bucks here....Celebrating 19 this year with my best friend!

N8CXX
04-01-2014, 08:27 AM
Congrat's to the couple. We're wishing them the best. :beer:

I can't imaginer how the DW put up with me and my hobbies for 45+ years.

Radio
04-01-2014, 02:23 PM
I can't imaginer how the DW put up with me and my hobbies for 45+ years.

When asked, Sweet Wife responded to a question about ham radio clutter, time, expense, and so forth. She responded: "I know where he is and what he's doing. He's in the basement playing with his radios. Besides, sometimes they come in handy."

Putting up with radios is easy. Putting up with "us" requires a truley special kind of woman.

:kiss:

N8CXX
04-03-2014, 07:17 AM
Putting up with radios is easy. Putting up with "us" requires a truley special kind of woman.

:kiss:

Yes and they are special. :worthy:

ke0me
04-03-2014, 08:43 PM
been married 43 years in May.

I always understood the "til death" part was for me. :-)

She has been very patient with me all these years and approved my new rig purchase (retirement gift) for use when we go full time in May.

Still working on best types of antennas for campgrounds.