PDA

View Full Version : Class A Diesel Dashboard "Thingie"... WITH antenna!

W7JZE
09-20-2014, 10:22 AM
HMmmm... So Saturday morning is upon me and right off I am perusing the used Class A rigs for sale and I come across the attached dashboard picture.

What is this thing-a-ma-bob? With an antenna I thought maybe a GPS, but the display isn't right for that and the antenna looks too big for GHz.

Maybe some sort of radio-controlled feature needed by the driver when underway, hence the dashboard mounting?

Radio-controlled trailer brakes? Not sure that seems safe / reliable.
Radio-controlled non-RV thing? But what?
Radio-controlled Photo-raytor-bator for the millivolt system? Nah, that's usually under the hood! :jitter:

I give up.

Ideas please?

Thanks!

NN5I
09-20-2014, 10:26 AM
It's a device for persuading the slow driver in front to move aside. You have mistaken the barrel for an antenna.

Dick Noble
09-20-2014, 05:47 PM
1) Auto leveler?
2) Auto turn signal fluid changer?
3) Auto pilot?
4) Sales gimmick?
5) Driver ejector?

W5DOK
09-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Tpms

W5DOK
09-20-2014, 06:44 PM
If you pull a toad behind your coach (most of us do) This gadget is an absolute necessity.

NN5I
09-20-2014, 08:40 PM
I pull a toad everywhere, but I haven't any idea what that thing is, and I certainly own nothing that resembles it. What is it?

wa8yxm
09-21-2014, 05:53 AM
That is the redeiver/montior for a Pressure Pro Tire Pressure Monitor system

I have one as well.. This unit will display the pressure of the selected tire (Provided the sensors are properly installed) and alarm if the pressure goes low.. Once saved me big time when the towed got screwed.... Put air in tire, many times over the weekend, and when I got to the tire store on Monday, they un-screwed it and put in a proper patch, All was good after that.

N3LYT
09-21-2014, 05:01 PM

I have one as well.. This unit will display the pressure of the selected tire (Provided the sensors are properly installed) and alarm if the pressure goes low.. Once saved me big time when the towed got screwed.... Put air in tire, many times over the weekend, and when I got to the tire store on Monday, they un-screwed it and put in a proper patch, All was good after that.

Beat me to it you get up earlier than I do! I don't have one but know what it is.

W7JZE
09-22-2014, 12:34 AM

Beat me to it you get up earlier than I do! I don't have one but know what it is.

AHhhh... That makes sense. Thanks gents. I had no idea.

wa8yxm
09-23-2014, 10:36 AM
If you need new sensors I can get you an E-Dress or two.. There used to be one company that made the thing and another that sold it (That model dates back to then) then they had a split and now there are two companies
Dorian and Pressure Pro if I recall correctly
Either company should be able to ship you sensors.