PDA

View Full Version : Air crew life saving training pays off.

Radio
11-24-2014, 07:28 PM
One of our air crew is going to the layover hotel when the van driver keels over from a heart attack. Not only do they regain control of the van without damage or injury, but they give him life support CPR. Makes for a happy ending.

Being prepared sure beats NOT being prepared!

http://dlnet.cc/share/not-a-dry-eye-as-delta-crew-is-honored-with-save-the-day-award/

A high level of CPR proficiency is required for all air crew. Getting CPR certified for free from your local Red Cross is a good idea.

:hello:

NN5I
11-25-2014, 06:45 AM
Getting CPR certified for free from your local Red Cross is a good idea.

:hello:

Especially for Judo instructors.

wa8yxm
11-25-2014, 06:52 AM
You can get CPR classes at your local Red Cross, and often through a local Fire Dept or Hospital.. I have had the training several times in my time as a Police dispatcher (First time was outside the job, as was the last time) You should get re-certified every few years.

The latest is CPR with AED, if you can get your hands on one, That can be very effective.

NN5I
11-25-2014, 09:16 AM
Many YMCAs offer it too.

ChuckW5KAV
11-29-2014, 08:24 AM
The local Red Cross in are area charges for the class but being
a ARES member for our small city the fire department gives it
for free :D

wa8yxm
11-30-2014, 03:24 AM
The Church I belonged to held classes every Feburary, that is where I got my AED certifcation, alas, it is no more, (Long story involving church politics omitted).

electricflyer
11-30-2014, 09:14 PM
My son, KG7OF, teaches it for his employer, Ericsson Cellular as corporate training manager. Also teaches antenna theory and cellular site maintenance. Prior to that taught for Clearwire and Lucent Technologies. When he was working for Clearwire he got a new boss and was told to stop teaching CPR or he would be terminated. He told the new boss he would not stop teaching it, about a month later the new boss was gone and he was told to continue by the executive VP.
He also has a sideline business of teaching CPR in the Columbus, Ohio area. Also, my daughter, who teaches dental assisting, says all dental office personnel are required to take the classes.