PDA

View Full Version : Radio 'shrooms

Radio
01-23-2015, 05:24 PM
A can of mushrooms can be livened up for steaks or burgers.

Open the can and remove the label.
Drain about half the liquid.
Add butter, Worstershire sauce and salt.
Put the can on the grill while the steaks or burgers are cooking.

NN5I
01-23-2015, 05:48 PM
(1) My Publix doesn't have Worstershire sauce. Would Worcestershire sauce serve as a substitute? :whistle:

(2) Does the can of enhanced shrooms flavor the meat by osmosis, or are you supposed to eat the shrooms?

(3) Sounds pretty good! :)

Radio
01-23-2015, 06:22 PM
Try the Krogger. They may have it.

Did you know neither Worstershire or Worcestershire are in my spellchecker dictionary?

:bag:

NN5I
01-24-2015, 12:27 AM
Yah, no surprise. Spell checkers usually have small vocabularies; any word I can't spell isn't going to be in there, so they're useless except for catching my typos, which are many. Besides having small vocabularies, spell checkers don't know which of a set of homonyms to use. They can't choose between two, too, and to, which is a shame because so many people confuse the second and third of these even though they're almost never pronounced the same. That is, to is nearly always just an unstressed t' as in I'm going t' the store, while too is never pronounced that way. Never.

Spell checkers usually know two, too, and to; but I'll bet yours doesn't have the fourth homonym tew which has several meanings but is uncommon.

All spell checkers, like most people, are illiterate.

N3LYT
01-24-2015, 09:20 AM
Best spell checker out there is google!

Radio
01-24-2015, 06:14 PM
Best spell checker out there is google!

You're right! Had a heck of a time figuring out "ubiquitous" so I tried Google and not only got the spelling but the definition as well.

:hello:

NN5I
01-24-2015, 06:31 PM
They're everywhere! They're everywhere!

electricflyer
01-24-2015, 09:49 PM
Those look like Bubba Burgers. I recognize the unique shape and the grease on top.

Radio
01-25-2015, 08:03 PM
They are in fact Bubba Burgers. Yum.

I haven't yet figured out what the unique shape is supposed to be. Either Texas or Bubba's head, one or the other. I can't tell. :think: