PDA

View Full Version : Out west

ke0me
02-26-2015, 10:07 PM
last summer we took 2 granddaughters (8 and 11) to Cody, WY, and Yellowstone NP.

Ended up in Jackson, WY at the Bar D Wranglers cowboy music dinner theatre.

We have been around a large part of Colorado, Wyoming and parts of Montana, so ask questions if you like.

This year I somehow got talked into taking the girls to Washington DC.

That should be interesting.

Happy camping

wa8yxm
02-27-2015, 10:20 AM
There is some camping around D.C. not sure where is the best spot, Been there a couple o times myself.

Of course D.C. being the capitol of our country where all the politicians hang out (The Big Name Ones) the crime rate there is rather high.

Those two facts may, or may not, be connected.

W9CMG
03-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Best to lodge outside of DC and take commuter trains in. Fast, efficient and have stops on Quad. Can take bus around Quad (on and off anywhere) to see any building. Smithsonian, Archives, Monuments, Capital etc.

electricflyer
03-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Best to lodge outside of DC and take commuter trains in. Fast, efficient and have stops on Quad. Can take bus around Quad (on and off anywhere) to see any building. Smithsonian, Archives, Monuments, Capital etc.

I agree, parking is limited and expensive. If possible take a tour bus around the area or public transportation. If you were in the military you might check into RV sites at one of the many military installations around there.