PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Washington

coupevillefish
03-02-2015, 10:41 PM
High all. My wife and I are both celebrating our one year anniversary of being licensed Technicians. I just passed the General.

We travel in a 2004 Georgetown, 35' and tow a PT Cruiser on a dolly. We live on a beautiful island but like to see the rest of the country and always appreciate returning home. We usually travel with our 2 year old German Shepard and a Siamese.

We each have Yaesu FT60r with various antennas. I also have a FT2900 mobile that is our home and RV ham shack. It is only 2m so I have a small antenna on the ladder of the MH and use a ladder wire j-pole in the house.

I have not figured out exactly what I want for HF so I will be researching here to see where the interest takes me. We are more interested in emergency services than DX, but who knows.

KG7JCA

W9WLS
03-03-2015, 04:58 AM
Welcome Aboard David !

You'll find a wealth of information here, just ask.
We've all had our shot's, are licensed, and most won't bite unless provoked.
If it's been done with an RV and a radio someone here has probably tried or done it at some point and you'll get a pretty fair selection of opinions and ideas on what to do and what not to do.

73, John

N3LYT
03-03-2015, 09:41 AM
Here is my latest effort to have as many bands as possible with out have to change stuff. I have been using a rotatable dipole for 10,12,15,17 but that meant taking every thing down and adjusting the dipole legnth. I pickup a HS screw drive at a ham fest and rebuilt it I did not get a real good test before the weather came but it all looks good. I made some pretty good DX contacts on 3 different bands. The mount on the bumper swings down all I have to do is pull a pin then I can put any of my antennas on the ground to deal with them and just walk it back up and put the pin in.

ChuckW5KAV
04-07-2015, 11:53 AM
Welcome Aboard David !

From another part of Washington State :), as John state there is allot of
great people her and tons and tons of information on anything from
soup to nuts :clap:

NN5I
04-07-2015, 12:44 PM
... anything from soup to nuts ...

Not much soup here, but plenty of nuts. Welcome.

ChuckW5KAV
04-07-2015, 07:03 PM
I don't know Carl, look like some pretty good soup's in the Galley :)
even a couple of good looking steaks :whistle: