PDA

View Full Version : Thread Catagory Name?

KE5NWT
01-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Since there is no longer a "Novice Class License" (only Technician, General, and Extra class), is "Novice Ticket" a good name for this thread catagory?

Maybe "New Hams", "Newly Licensed", or "Just Starting Out in Radio" would be a better catagory name.

"Technician Ticket" wouldn't work any better because "Technician" doesn't necessarily imply newly licensed. There are lots of Techs that have had a ticket for years.

I can probably compile some web addresses about getting started in ham, where on-line practice tests are, how to find a ham club, magazine names, ect... as a resource for those needing information on becoming a ham. It could maybe become a "sticky"? Most of it would link to areas of the ARRL web site and QRZ.
What does everyone think?

Radio
01-07-2008, 10:03 AM
If you notice, most of the forum names on ORR.net are a bit tongue-in-cheek, as is "novice ticket" ...of course there is no novice ticket/class/license anymore.

If confusion reigns, we could change it to something more obvious.

Any info you wish to post of assistance to new and wanna be hams is of course appreciated...also note we have two helpful links forums, one for RV and one for ham radio, you may wish to post links there as well.

Radio

aintgotnun
01-07-2008, 12:29 PM
If confusion reigns, we could change it to something more obvious.

I'm always confused...........

Any info you wish to post of assistance to new and wanna be hams is of course appreciated...also note we have two helpful links forums, one for RV and one for ham radio, you may wish to post links there as well.

sounds bueno to me