PDA

View Full Version : SteadyFast 5th wheel/trailer stabilizers

ke0me
05-08-2015, 07:34 PM
When we bought our 5er, we noticed it really rocked a lot.

Internet search turned up the SteadyFast system. So, I purchased it, and after a bit installed it.

Results - GREAT, almost all the rocking is gone.:jitter:

The quality of the components is first class, no cheap metal parts, just heavy duty steel with a good hard painted coating.

Directions are a bit complicated, but I just laid out all the parts, and figured out what went where BEFORE I started drilling.

This will require some elbow grease to drill about 15 holes in the frame, but other than that, it went well.
www.steadyfast.com

I own no interest in the company, just a satisfied customer.
I would recommend this if you have rocking and rolling on your trailer or fifth wheel.

NN5I
05-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Some of those systems work well, as yours appears to have done.

Almost always, though, when a trailer doesn't pull smoothly, it is because the center of gravity is too far back. If there are any weights in the trailer that can be moved farther forward, it is well to do so.

But some trailer designers distribute the weight poorly, and often there's not much weight redistribution that can be done, making necessary the measures you have wisely taken.

ke0me
05-09-2015, 08:02 PM
guess I didn't state my original post very clearly.

This system stabilizes the trailer while camped, this is not for when in motion.

But since we are on the topic, I do notice a difference between the travel trailer and this 5th wheel.
Of course we are taking about 3000 lbs additional weight and a huge increase in wind load!

I use the Anderson Ultimate fifth wheel hitch, which is a whole lot lighter (and cheaper) than the conventional hitches. I think this has been discussed in other threads. I think it does an OK job, but there is a small amount of bucking now that I didn't have with the lighter TT.

NN5I
05-10-2015, 01:06 AM
This system stabilizes ... while camped ... not ... in motion.

Ah so. That's what I get for making assumptions. :hammer:

Radio
05-10-2015, 07:10 AM
Ah so. That's what I get for making assumptions. :hammer:

Ummm, yeah. It's the name that got you. SteadyFAST. As opposed to SteadyPARKED.

:whistle:

NN5I
05-10-2015, 07:20 AM
It's the name that got you. SteadyFAST. As opposed to SteadyPARKED.

Oh, I don't know. I remember some steadies who were fast when parked. :whistle:

ke0me
05-11-2015, 07:51 PM
you guys crack me up!

Remember that you park in a DRIVEway and drive on a PARKway. :jitter: