PDA

View Full Version : Power/water outage

NN5I
07-25-2015, 07:20 AM
I'm at Tallahassee RV Park for a long stay. Pretty nice park, most ways, including the people.

Yesterday evening the power went out at 6:50 pm (I happened to be looking at a clock). It came on this morning at 8:02, a 13 hour 12 minute outage. I ran the generator a little bit to keep the temperature down in here.

The water is off too! But yesterday afternoon, as it happens, I filled my 96 gallon fresh-water tank, so I'll be OK for several days. Wonder when it'll be back on?

The water and power are supplied by the same company, and I had begun to wonder whether the park had paid its bills. I guess they're OK.

***UPDATE*** 9:00 am and the water's back on. Dunno when it came on.

N3LYT
07-25-2015, 10:35 AM
Yeah it is a big problem with campgrounds when they loose power most at least those out of town (or in Maine) have their own pumps no power no water it makes bath house rest rooms very unpleasant real fast. The local gamp ground I do part time work for is 53 acres and having generators to run all the pumps would be a nightmare.

NN5I
07-25-2015, 12:02 PM
Interesting. I hadn't considered that RV parks might have their own water pumps. Most power outages here (two or three a year) are quite short, and I usually keep my own tank full and my pump on anyway (to enforce a certain minimum pressure for showering), so perhaps I just never noticed.

Learn something every day. At my age, it's often the same thing I learned the day before.

electricflyer
07-25-2015, 04:44 PM
Right Carl, when you get old every day is a new day regardless of what happened in the past. Makes it easy to make new friends.

NN5I
07-25-2015, 05:16 PM
Right Carl, when you get old every day is a new day regardless of what happened in the past. Makes it easy to make new friends.

Nice to meet you, Flyer. Where ya from?