PDA

View Full Version : Replacing water tank.

w6pea
01-16-2008, 12:40 AM
I would like to get a larger water tank for my Jamboree 26q .
I really don't want to pay cw prices any suggestions on where to get a bigger tank or should we just get a bladder type holding tank:think:

wa8yxm
01-16-2008, 07:58 AM
The problem with a larger tank is "Where do I put it" I might have a spare 10 gallons or so lying about here (Will check later today) if I do and you want it and happen past Detroit, Mi any time soon it's yours,,,, If I don't, alas, I don't.

I would suggest either the bladder or some five gallon bottles depending on the size of your tank, I think the bladder is 40 gallons, that's a bit big, I use a six gallon "jerry can" (plastic) to supplement the 80 gallons in my rig (Many trips needed but I can lift it) when I'm boondocking, though in truth 80 gallons lasts me nearly as long as my other tanks and then I drive to the flush & fill

KE5NWT
01-17-2008, 08:00 AM
I agree that CW is not often the best price. I looked on my list of RV catalogs and found a couple that I believe both carry water tank replacements....

www.atlassupplyoftexas.com

www.rvsupplywarehouse.com

JC Whitney catalog also has many RV products including water tanks.

_L7
01-17-2008, 08:10 AM
I would like to get a larger water tank for my Jamboree 26q .
I really don't want to pay cw prices any suggestions on where to get a bigger tank or should we just get a bladder type holding tank:think:

South of you on SR-99 there is a plastic tank manufacturer (don't remember if it was around Fresno or Bakersfield) that has tanks on display visible from SR-99. If you can figure out who I am trying to think of :think: then you might find something useable there. If not, maybe their prices are reasonable enough to have one custom made for your application.

Otherwise, I would probably just get the bladder.

Ed

w6pea
01-17-2008, 11:19 AM
South of you on SR-99 there is a plastic tank manufacturer (don't remember if it was around Fresno or Bakersfield) that has tanks on display visible from SR-99. If you can figure out who I am trying to think of :think: then you might find something useable there. If not, maybe their prices are reasonable enough to have one custom made for your application.

Otherwise, I would probably just get the bladder.

Ed

Thank you by the way they are north of me....I'm in mexifornia.
About 2.5 miles north of the us/mexico border.

w6pea
01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
I agree that CW is not often the best price. I looked on my list of RV catalogs and found a couple that I believe both carry water tank replacements....

www.atlassupplyoftexas.com

www.rvsupplywarehouse.com

JC Whitney catalog also has many RV products including water tanks.

Thankyou for the links I will try them.

_L7
01-25-2008, 01:22 PM

Sorry. I was thinking of Chowchilla! :think:

w6pea
01-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Sorry. I was thinking of Chowchilla! :think:

That's okay.....a lot of people think I live in Mexico.:think:

It's bad enough to go into a US Bank Headquartered in San Francisco, and the tell asks you in Spanish; Would like any cash back?:mad:

KC1BUD
06-06-2008, 11:27 AM

I thought all of California was all Mexifornia. :D

w7wv
06-06-2008, 05:38 PM
I assume you want more water on board. We did that on a couple of rigs in the past with smaller tanks.
Watch that weight loaded though it can really upset things.
When we had 5th wheels I just picked up a used food grade barrel, put a valve on it adapted it to a hose fitting and pumped water with a 12 volt pump from the bed of the truck to the tank. That way the trailer stayed put.

KC1BUD
06-11-2008, 11:59 AM
I assume you want more water on board. We did that on a couple of rigs in the past with smaller tanks.
Watch that weight loaded though it can really upset things.
When we had 5th wheels I just picked up a used food grade barrel, put a valve on it adapted it to a hose fitting and pumped water with a 12 volt pump from the bed of the truck to the tank. That way the trailer stayed put.

I agree with Ken, remember that water weighs 8 pounds per gallon. A mere 5 gallons is an additional 40 pounds.