PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Waterfall Loop

Radio
02-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Georgia Waterfall Loop

If you've ever wanted to park the rig in North Georgia and have a look around... I've seen most of these and doing them all, plus all the other things you would come across, in just a few days would make for an ideal trip to the mountains.

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/georgia/waterfall-road-trip-ga/

If you are ever down this way...

NN5I
02-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Wow! I've seen many waterfalls that just fall straight down, but I've never seen one that looped.

Can any of them do a lazy eight, or an Immelmann, or a snap roll?

wa8yxm
02-11-2016, 01:56 PM
Nice. and I'm in S.E. Ga now, Usually park just east of Toccoa in the winter.

Radio
02-11-2016, 06:45 PM
Wow! I've seen many waterfalls that just fall straight down, but I've never seen one that looped.

Sure you have.

All water, and therefore all waterfalls, are part of a great loop. Rain falls from the clouds, collects into rivers (goes over falls) on the way to the oceans where it evaporates back into clouds...

:rain:

wa8yxm
02-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Ham Nation (twit.tv/hn) next to the last episode featured a segment of Parks on the Air, This one from Michigan's UP.. Been there. only in the summer.. That is still my favorite waterfall.. In fact took a waterfall tour of Michigan's UP back then,, There are quite a few.

ke0me
02-12-2016, 09:46 PM
a unique falls, is in Tahquamenon Fall State Park, in the upper peninsula of Michigan.

Due to the tannins leached out of the trees in swamps feeding the falls, the visual effect is one of a falls consisting of root beer, color and foam both present.

Another favorite falls of mine is Lower Yellowstone Falls in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. the size of the falls, then the roaring being confined in a canyon, its just an awesome sight and sound.

PS - the stairs down to falls are safe, but can be a bit daunting if you suffer from any vertigo at all.

ke0me
02-12-2016, 11:16 PM
Was just catching up on Ham Nation broadcast, in broadcast 233, about midway through, they have a video of a ham running portable (during the winter) at the falls. Shows the color of the falls very clearly.

Hope you enjoy.