PDA

View Full Version : Radio's Shrimp and Spinach Soup

Radio
04-27-2016, 06:49 PM
Made this up myself and surprised Sweet Wife with it this evening. Went over pretty well. :kiss:

•1/2 stick Butter
•Minced garlic
•Old Bay Seasoning
•1 can cream of mushroom soup and 1 can milk
•10 oz. chicken broth
•1/2 pound fresh, raw shrimp
•big handful of fresh spinach

Chop the shrimp and spinach. Melt butter in large saute pan, add minced garlic and Old Bay seasoning. Saute shrimp and spinach until shrimp is done. Put half the shrimp and spinach in a blender with 10 oz. chicken broth and process. Pour back into saute pan, add 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 1 can milk. Stir constantly for 10 minutes, do NOT let it boil. If you stop stirring, it will boil! Shut off heat and let it stand a few minutes. Save a few pretty spinach leaves for a garnish. Makes about 5 servings at about 208 calories/35 grams fat.

NN5I
04-27-2016, 09:15 PM
People really eat spinach on purpose?

ke0me
04-28-2016, 03:50 PM
Sure, as long as there is something to change the taste!
:-)

Actually, Panera Bread Co. sometimes has a spinach, fresh strawberry and pecan salad that is really good.

If I could find where I put it, I would share my secret chili recipe.

electricflyer
05-01-2016, 06:13 PM
A real Julia Childs in our midst. Wade, let me know when you are having a Low Country Boil and I will be down here in a flash.

Radio
05-01-2016, 08:46 PM
I had some leftover shrimp and fresh spinach. So today we had shrimp and spinach Alfredo over fettuccini.

Yum.

wa8yxm
05-02-2016, 10:37 AM
I am going to give you generic soup recipie.. NOTE; anyuone (Well almost) can make this.

Toss some veggies into a pot.. Sear or brown some meat (Crumbled or cuibed) or Fish, or something for protine (Even selected combinations of veggies will do)

Add water to cover.. Some Garlic, onion, perhaps some other spices.

Heat to boiling for a while.

Let cool for about a mintue or two

Serve.

ke0me
05-02-2016, 10:16 PM
When cooking outdoors, don't forget to add the ashes from the fire, and a stray insect or 2.

Seems that's what I get when cooking outside.

Radio
05-03-2016, 07:18 PM
That's why I like my Dutch Oven. It's got a lid!

ke0me
05-03-2016, 08:28 PM
speaking of dutch ovens, the scout troop I was with in Colorado got dutch ovens for each patrol to cook with.

It is almost impossible for a 11-17 year old boy to destroy a dutch oven. Solid cast iron, virtually indestructible.

Not that we didn't have to sandblast the insides once or twice after an epic meal went out of control. :-)