PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys and Gals

w7wv
01-18-2008, 04:08 PM
New here, Ken, W7WV. If you dare you can take a look at the full bio and pix on www.qrz.com but look at your own risk.
Got started with ham radio fooling around with military gear in the Army 1966-72. And yes we did some boot legging with other military ops back when and hams. ASA really disliked us at the time. Oh well it gave them something to do.
I was an O5B which meant 15 WPM encrypted to pass the course as a radio operator. I was also an instructor at Fort Huachuca, AZ in 1967-8. I have run into many that went through my courses on the PRC-25, the VRC 43-49 family of radio and the old GRC-19.
Like me, many became hams after their service time.
After 6 in the Army I needed some entertainment in my life so I went to work for the Navy and went through an electronics apprenticeship.
To make a long story short the base closed and I took early retirement. It was either that or King's Bay. Sorry, I went there once on a radar repair. One time too many.
Going to full time with the MH and see what we have missed in this country. My station at present is down and I have to create HF on the road in the MH.
If anyone has ideas on antennas and solutions for MH installs I am looking for advice if you have a success story.

Radio
01-18-2008, 07:22 PM
:hello:

Welcome to the ORR.net! I'm sure somebody around here knows how to put an antenna on a motorhome.

At least...I hope so.

Radio

N7OQ
01-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Hello Ken welcome to the group and really glad to have you on board. I really like your call want to give it up :)? LOL just kidding your call would fit me very well sense WV is my initials. Post often.

w7wv
01-19-2008, 08:12 AM
The only problem with the call is that most people who don't listen think my call is WB rather than WV.
Preprogrammed I am sure buy Warner Bros TV commercials.
And no, you cannot have the call.

w6pea
01-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Welcome to the group.:welcome:
There seems to be a lot of good info here.

_L7
01-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Welcome aboard Ken. I am also trying to find an antenna that works in the RV without alot of trouble. Let me know if you find something that works.

:welcome:

jagco
01-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the board, and thank you for your time in the service.