PDA

View Full Version : Nice Antenna Farm

electricflyer
07-31-2016, 06:49 PM
While attending my 60th high school class reunion we camped in my nephews driveway just down from BIL's new home. DW's brother, W0LGQ, has his fathers old call sign. Since everything was new he set up a very nice facility high on a hilltop. His forte is UHF/VHF and above, rain scatter, snow scatter or any storm formation. He just retired as Director of Building and Grounds for a local community college but now is a consultant for the college managing a new building construction job and remodeling of a couple others which will take another year. He has a tilt up tower for HF antennas and a crank up tower for UHF/VHF. He also has a full wave rhombic on 160M. Separate transceivers for each of the high bands, transverters and amplifiers. Now that he has retired he plans to upgrade to Extra and work more HF. Photo's attached.

N3LYT
08-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Shoot I could not afford the hard line much less the fittings!

electricflyer
08-01-2016, 07:12 PM
He told me the correct fittings for the hard line were over $100 each but he found some on Ebay for around $10 each that only needed an adapter to mate to the coax. I forgot what the $10 fittings were but he is a scrounger and saved a lot of money. If you look at the 2nd photo, in the background is a tower for one leg of his rhombic.