PDA

View Full Version : HT Saver

Radio
03-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Here's how to keep your favorite handy-talkie from meeting an early demise from falling off your belt.

Get a mini-carabineer and a ty-wrap. The carabineers are usually sold as a key ring. If the radio becomes dislodged from your belt the strap prevents disastrous unplanned impact with terrain when clipped to a belt loop of your pants.

NN5I
03-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Lessee, I've been a ham for 60 years almost, and I never dropped an HT yet ... I'll pass. I druther be able talk on the darned thing without looking like a guy trying to bend over and bite himself in the ... in the ... well, in the shopping mall.

Radio
03-05-2017, 10:37 AM
What? No remote mic?

Shame.

NN5I
03-05-2017, 06:38 PM
Actually I've never owned a remote mic. One would go well with your suggestion, though.

wa8yxm
03-06-2017, 02:46 PM
I use a case with a BELT LOOP, not a clip, no way is it coming off the belt. HT snaps in, no way is it coming out of the case w/o my intent.

N3LYT
03-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Me I just carry a Baofeng that I won with a $1 ticket! (maybe a little over priced but it works)

Radio
03-09-2017, 05:09 PM
Actually I've never owned a remote mic. One would go well with your suggestion, though.

I would never work a public service event without a remote speaker/mic. Not only does it make for easy operations but it just looks so professionally cool. :cool:

When my wife was finishing up her Music Ed degree we would sometimes take MARTA downtown to concerts in the late evening. I would put a HT on my belt with the remote mic on my lapel. Everybody thought I was transit police so they left me alone.

NN5I
03-30-2017, 07:21 PM
I would never work a public service event without a remote speaker/mic.

I agree. I never work a public service event without a remote speaker/mic. Also, I never work a public service event with a remote speaker/mic.