PDA

View Full Version : Fng

L2C
06-13-2017, 08:05 PM
Well hello to all whom may wonder this way. I am new to the forum. The lady and I are looking for a trailer radio in the trailer is a must for me. So any ideas and tips along the way would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

electricflyer
06-14-2017, 09:54 PM
Welcome to the forum from GA. A little bit of knowledge from here can be dangerous LOL. A choice of radios is not a problem but antenna installations can be. Let us know what you have for an RV and what you are using for communication now. And what your plans are for operating. I'm sure Wade (Radio), Carl and John will be checking in with you soon
Marv
KT4W

N3LYT
06-15-2017, 08:24 AM
A good RV radio would be a DC to day light something like an Icom 706 with 2 to 160 or any of the multi band radios with dual inputs gives you all the options.

L2C
06-15-2017, 03:38 PM
A good RV radio would be a DC to day light something like an Icom 706 with 2 to 160 or any of the multi band radios with dual inputs gives you all the options.

Not looking for the radio. I have a few transceivers and receivers on my short list to make into the camper.

The wide coverage radio like that I have in my truck however not the radio that is in my truck I want to be able to program it from the front and not have to use the computer every time I want to add something. It has 2m 40cm with commercial and public safety.

Baron Weather with Mobile Threat Net
Cell Booster of some flavor there are a few options on the market so i have to make some choices on that deal.
HF come later. I do not have privileges on HF yet. i suppose i should study for that.
Looking to put a mast on whatever we end up with.
A Davis Vue will be someplace too.

Mike

N3LYT
06-15-2017, 06:37 PM
That's going to more and more complex none are really user friendly they just do too much. They do sell scanners that operate by aera that's kind of push button. Cell boosters are readily available as are WiFi.

Radio
06-15-2017, 07:52 PM
Welcome aboard. :hisign:

Feel free to stomp around like you own the place, everyone else does. Most folks will offer pretty good advise along with an occasional snarky remark.

You'll get used to it.