PDA

View Full Version : A couple of new forum features

Radio
03-12-2008, 07:47 PM
I'd like to point out some new features the admin team - that is Mike, mostly, have added to the forum.

The first are two weather links on the left side of the home page. The blue NOAA logo will take you to a map of the USA that you can click on your location and, walah, it takes you to the local forecast office for your area.

Clicking on the Maple Leaf will take you to the Canadian equivalent. That's the best I could do as far as logo, because the Canadian Weather Office web site didn't have a logo that I could "borrow" as easily as NOAA did. My appologies to our northernmost members.

Also, at the bottom of the home page we are beginning to add banners that link to other sites of interest to hams who RV and other worthy causes. You might check that out, too

Enjoy!

KB5LJE
03-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks, Wade and sorry it took so long. Work and home and careing for mom has me very busy right now.

Mike :)

N7OQ
03-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Very Nice, I really like NOAA weather and use it a lot. Thanks for the updates.

Andy N1ORK
03-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Nice job guys! The Canadian WX is great! Glad to be a member of this site.
We need more Photos of our trips and units. Also, is there any way to indicate (on the home page) if new pics have been uploaded? It would be easier to see without actually clicking on the link.
Again, great site!

Radio
03-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks, Wade and sorry it took so long. Work and home and careing for mom has me very busy right now.

Mike :)

Been there, done that. You have our prayers.

I don't know about the "new photo posted" option...Mike, any ideas? I guess if you posted some stuff you thought was really neat then you should post a thread pointing it out.

KB5LJE
03-13-2008, 08:20 AM
There is a way and a little complicated but I will work on a new photo box this weekend for the home page.

Thanks, Mike :)
Nice job guys! The Canadian WX is great! Glad to be a member of this site.
We need more Photos of our trips and units. Also, is there any way to indicate (on the home page) if new pics have been uploaded? It would be easier to see without actually clicking on the link.
Again, great site!

KE4DBY
03-13-2008, 12:00 PM
The new links will be helpful. Good job!

KE5NWT
03-14-2008, 08:05 AM
The Canadian weather link is nice. I've never gone to their web site before. It is hard for me, down here in southwest Texas, to imagine that today some of their high temperatures will be -25º F when our high today is expected to be 92º F! I saw on the news last night that Laredo TX forecast is 103º F for today!

aintgotnun
03-14-2008, 03:16 PM
The Canadian weather link is nice. I've never gone to their web site before. It is hard for me, down here in southwest Texas, to imagine that today some of their high temperatures will be -25º F when our high today is expected to be 92º F! I saw on the news last night that Laredo TX forecast is 103º F for today!

what's hard for me to imagine is that people actually want to live somewhere that gets that blame cold:cool:

jagco
03-16-2008, 01:27 AM
what's hard for me to imagine is that people actually want to live somewhere that gets that blame cold:cool:

Thats why I live in the middle.......hot one day, cold the next :D

w6pea
03-19-2008, 01:21 AM
Good work guys they both look great and work too!:think: