PDA

View Full Version : Honest RV repair shop closing it's doors

w6pea
04-01-2008, 12:41 PM
I talked to the man that owns Benton & Son RV repair in San Diego yesterday.

He said that as of the last day of April he is retiring and closing his doors escrow on his business closes. He was saying that thanks to fuel prices he no longer could afford to not do any business and keep his business open.
So I guess that forces people here in San Diego to go to the rip-off repair shops.

Been there for over 30 years.

w7wv
06-07-2008, 04:56 PM
What the :mad:
No reflection on the post, just looked that way after the spammer I reported was eliminated!

W6DCS
06-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Another Spammer at work. Back on topic - Sad to see someone who was honest close their doors.

Radio
06-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Another Spammer at work. Back on topic - Sad to see someone who was honest close their doors.

I nailed him. :bleh: Anytime this happens just PM me with the jerk name and as soon as I can get on I'll clean it up and ban the :pirate:.

(I've been meaning to use the pirate smiley!) Ya'll carry on!

wa8yxm
06-08-2008, 06:36 AM
The state of the art in Television repair is such that unless you have one of the very big screen jobs it's almost better to toss & replace

Repairs cost over 100/hour for the technician

New TV's start at... About 1-2 hours technician time

Really big ones however still have a comma in the price tag.You need at least half a comma to make repair cost effective

W6DCS
06-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I just went through the TV Repair fiasco. My big screen projection TV quit working. I diagnosed which board it was, and called around. They wanted 900 bucks just for the board, and that was with the old board being returned. I decided to fix it myself, total cost, a little over 4 bucks for some caps that were bulging.

w7wv
06-08-2008, 04:26 PM
I had one of those years ago. Those big tubes were expensive!
I replaced two and did the alignment myself.
Went bad again in less than a year. Put in the the garage and torn it apart to make many trips in pieces to the dumps via the trash can.

N7OQ
06-09-2008, 11:09 PM
It's a bummer when we loose a good honest businessmen, they are so rare these days.