PDA

View Full Version : Forums are quiet...life must be happening

Radio
04-26-2008, 07:17 AM
I've noticed a decline in the numbers of posts each day but the number of people checking in remains about the same.

I know in my own little world, life is happenong all around me at a hectic pace, really busy at work, at home and in between. Today for example:

1. Go to bank and refinance my mothers home :money:
2. Mow the yard and run the string trimmer (and we have an acre here)
3. Change the oil in the truck and wifes van
4. Visit a friend for their birthday, buy a gift
5. Sunday School social at 6:00 (food here!)
6. Have a look at bills. (Have enough money but not enough time)
7. Go to Grocery Store
8. Deal with minor plumbing emergeny (the house, not me)

And that's before the wife makes any suggestions!:poke:

What about you? Do you have time to post? :jitter:

w7wv
04-26-2008, 09:10 AM
I have been checking for new posts and responding to mine almost every day!
But unlike some retirees I know I try to keep my life simple in retirement.
How many people do you know that have more going on in retirement that they did when they were working?? :eek:

N7OQ
04-26-2008, 10:58 AM
I have been busy with other expensive hobbies, spent my radio money on a new Telescope. Bought a new Meade LX200R GPS 8" scope and have been spending my nights with it and spending a lot of time on the Astronomy Forums. I Really enjoy astronomy and this scope really makes it easier for me, It aligns itself the hand control had a 150,000 object data base, the goto feature it outstanding. When I tell it to go to a galaxy it is centeren in my eyepiece everytime. In 10 mintues I can see more things than I could see all night with my old scope. Can't wait until I can take it camping to some real dark skies. The other thing that is keeping me busy is my Sons LaCrosse, his last 2 games are today so then I can get back to camping.

w7wv
04-26-2008, 11:20 AM
See what happens when you see new toys!
I have to stay away from gun shows and fishing equipment myself.

Radio
04-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I have been busy with other expensive hobbies, spent my radio money on a new Telescope. Bought a new Meade LX200R GPS 8" scope and have been spending my nights with it.

Oh boy! Wait till aintgotnun sees that!

wa8yxm
04-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Snow no longer fallling in much of the us. People busy putting water in and taking RV-aitnfreeze out, and things that follow

Radio
04-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Well, I got all my stuff done except for the social thing.

The premise of the party was all the men were to bake a cake from scratch. :eek:(Not one of those cake in a box kits) They would then be judged by the ladies and the winner gets bragging rights. I thought about trying my hand at key lime pie but I'm just too ragged out.

An early bed time sounds great. :sleep: Must be getting old!

aintgotnun
04-27-2008, 10:49 AM
I have been busy with other expensive hobbies, spent my radio money on a new Telescope. Bought a new Meade LX200R GPS 8" scope and have been spending my nights with it and spending a lot of time on the Astronomy Forums. I Really enjoy astronomy and this scope really makes it easier for me, It aligns itself the hand control had a 150,000 object data base, the goto feature it outstanding. When I tell it to go to a galaxy it is centeren in my eyepiece everytime. In 10 mintues I can see more things than I could see all night with my old scope. Can't wait until I can take it camping to some real dark skies.

Oh boy! Wait till aintgotnun sees that!

SA-WEET!!!!!!:jitter:

I looked really hard at one of those when I got my big dob. One of them or something similar will be my next big scope purchase.

Ok now quite rubbin it in!!:poke:

AE5BI
04-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Two back surgeries and an infection! Not busy exactly but definately distracted.

Healing well now. Go back to work tomorrow. :)

Radio
04-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Two back surgeries and an infection! Not busy exactly but definately distracted.

Healing well now. Go back to work tomorrow. :)

OUCH! :crutch: Glad you're back with us!