PDA

View Full Version : I Have Had It! I Won't Stand For This Anymore!!

Radio
05-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Why the very idea is enough to give one a permanet facial tick.

The notion that your beloved admin of this fine site has no RV of his own.:eek:

So this morning about 10:00 am Eastern Time we placed an order with deposit for a Rockwood 8280SS 5th wheel with RVWholesalers. The sales guy said the order will go to the factory this afternoon and the wait time for "out the factory door" is 55 - 60 calendar days. Should have it in time do get in a little camping before Sweet Wife returns to her teaching duties.

Now I gotta get a hitch!!

:banana3::banana2::banana:

Andy N1ORK
05-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Hitch er up and Git er done Wade! Congrats on the order and hope you have fun with the new unit!
73 and happy campin'!!!

bnmcgraw
05-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Way to go, Wade. I knew you could not stand it for very long.

Regards, from an old class "a" driver

KB5LJE
05-08-2008, 12:30 PM
congrats!!!!!!!!

Lets go camping!!!!!

Mike :)

Radio
05-08-2008, 02:22 PM
When you pruchase from RVW they want you to stay at Indian Lake State Park (really nice, google it) for a day or two. Then stop back by RVW with your pick list and they'll take care of it.

After we leave there, I have not planned where we will stop next, but I was thinking "Land Between the Lakes" on the KY TN border. Maybe we could set something up?

KB5LJE
05-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Come on by my area and I will camp with your family!!!!

You will be withen 200 miles I think
When you pruchase from RVW they want you to stay at Indian Lake State Park (really nice, google it) for a day or two. Then stop back by RVW with your pick list and they'll take care of it.

After we leave there, I have not planned where we will stop next, but I was thinking "Land Between the Lakes" on the KY TN border. Maybe we could set something up?

Radio
05-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Come on by my area and I will camp with your family!!!!

You will be withen 200 miles I think

If I had bought that trailer out in Tulsa I'd have driven right by your house! Do a mapquest between Atlanta and Tulsa.

w7wv
05-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Welcome back.
I got out of RVing a few times.
Some things like RVing and ham radio are hard to give up.
Does that new 5th wheel come with a telescoping tower? HI HI:radio:

Manual Garcia O'Kely
05-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Going whole hog, excellent.

Definately worth a day or two shakedown if you are going to the effort to do a factory pickup.

wa8yxm
05-09-2008, 08:27 AM
You say you gotta get HITCHED!!!!!!!

Congrats on the new addition to your family

Radio
05-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Going whole hog, excellent.

Definately worth a day or two shakedown if you are going to the effort to do a factory pickup.

Yeah I got as much 5'ver as the f-150 will pull. But if I were going to do the Alaska thing, I'd have to get a bigger truck or a smaller trailer. We'll probably never go more than 12 hours driving time away from the house.

But man, I'm really chompin' at the bit! :jitter:

Indian Lake State Park is really nice. I'm looking forward to having a nice quiet place to unpack, move in and do a little shake down.

donnie
05-06-2009, 09:09 AM
If the pic of the trailer in another post is the same one as you bought, thats a nice looking rig.
Happy camping.

wa8yxm
05-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Congrats. Now all you got to do is properly accesorrize it, Yesau, Screwdriver, and the like

KC1BUD
05-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Why the very idea is enough to give one a permanet facial tick.

The notion that your beloved admin of this fine site has no RV of his own.:eek:

So this morning about 10:00 am Eastern Time we placed an order with deposit for a Rockwood 8280SS 5th wheel with RVWholesalers. The sales guy said the order will go to the factory this afternoon and the wait time for "out the factory door" is 55 - 60 calendar days. Should have it in time do get in a little camping before Sweet Wife returns to her teaching duties.

Now I gotta get a hitch!!

:banana3::banana2::banana:

I am retired, and my wife also teaches. When we traded our last MH for the 07 damon, it was at the end of the horse showing season so nothing was missed.

jagco
05-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Congrats congrats!

Radio
05-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Congrats congrats!

Now Ya'll remember, I posted this about a year ago, and picked up the trailer July 5, 2008.

:headphones:

One Country Boy
05-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Yes, that was an old post but kinda nice to go back and reminise. I have to add that when I first joined the forum (6/4/08), I didn't realize "Radio" did not have an RV. I thought he was trading RV's or had one in the past. I later saw where he had been a member of RV.net for several years planning and scouting out all the RV's and info before making a decision. This guy does nothing on the spur of the moment. His moves are investigated, planned and deliberate. Right ?

Radio
05-07-2009, 02:06 PM
This guy does nothing on the spur of the moment. His moves are investigated, planned and deliberate. Right ?

I'll spring for dinner out on the spur of the moment. I don't drop $22,500 on a whim, if that's what you mean! :2cents::money::2cents:

jagco
05-07-2009, 03:55 PM
You really don't want me to remember something do you?????

One Country Boy
05-07-2009, 04:59 PM
I'll spring for dinner out on the spur of the moment. I don't drop $22,500 on a whim, if that's what you mean! :2cents::money::2cents:

Tell you what, if you'll load up and c'mon down, I'll buy you and the Misses dinner.:hello: