PDA

View Full Version : RV Service Net

Richard Stouffer
11-24-2007, 07:20 AM
I'm curious about how many of the subscribers to this site are active with RV Service Net. I can't check in as it takes place at 0700 CST and that's daylight here so my antenna is stowed to avoid the ire of the Architectul Committee. If anyone else can make contact how about putting in a plug for this site.

It's at 7.230 daily.

Radio
11-24-2007, 07:38 AM
And also, find out all the details about the RV service net and post into the "clubs and nets" forum

wa8yxm
11-24-2007, 09:56 AM
You might look into antenna alternatives, What is the frequency? 80 Mtrs, 40 Mtrs? 20 Mtrs? if it's 40 a 30 odd foot flag pole makes a great vertical and you can fly the flag on the proper days. Surly the local KGB can not object to flying the flag. On 20 it's a vertical dipole, If you get a fiberglass flag pole you may be able to hide a hustler ABTV inside

Richard Stouffer
11-25-2007, 07:43 AM
I have a couple of alternatives now, but neither works very well. One is a trap dipole in the attic, but it's virtually wothless, the other is full wave loop laying on my roof at 15 feet. It works ok on digital and cw, but the noise level is too high for any serious SSB. And I can't run my 500 watt amp through it because of the arching hazard. One other option I am considering is the fake purple martin bird house. I think I can get by with that, but that's just a plan for now.

N7OQ
11-28-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm curious about how many of the subscribers to this site are active with RV Service Net. I can't check in as it takes place at 0700 CST and that's daylight here so my antenna is stowed to avoid the ire of the Architectul Committee. If anyone else can make contact how about putting in a plug for this site.

It's at 7.230 daily.

I had checked in awhile back but was disappointed that they didn't talk much about RV's or camping, I though I had the wrong net, I had only heard them talk to a RV'r a few time are mention RVing. I expected the net to be about RVing like where rallies are being held and what campground to use etc. Maybe it has changed I have not tuned it in for awhile.

Richard Stouffer
11-28-2007, 08:08 PM
You reminded me of my first contact. I had already joined but hadn't bother to check in because of my antenna situation. One day while camping in Galveston with my wire up on the RV I heard them and checked in. I didn't even know I was on the RV Service Net for the reasons you mentioned.

But to my original point, if anyone here does check in to their net, give this place a plug.

73's
Tichard, WU5K

Ret8008
12-11-2007, 02:59 PM
There are different chapters of RV service net across the US and they operate on different times, frequencies, and bands. I have included a link to the National club site. I will put the link and additional info into the clubs and nets forum. If this is considered a double post, just delete on of them.

I do check in as frequently as I can. All are welcome. I have not heard any RV discussions per se, but have heard specific questions on RV's, radios, and antennas asked and answered. It is generally used to make contacts, or stay in contact with someone as you move about the country. They do have rallies and other socials.

http://www.rvweb.net/club/wbcciarc/

Ret8008
12-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Oh yes, I will let the folks on the east coast RV Service net know of this new forum site.

w6pea
12-28-2007, 10:43 PM
There are different chapters of RV service net across the US and they operate on different times, frequencies, and bands. I have included a link to the National club site. I will put the link and additional info into the clubs and nets forum. If this is considered a double post, just delete on of them.

I do check in as frequently as I can. All are welcome. I have not heard any RV discussions per se, but have heard specific questions on RV's, radios, and antennas asked and answered. It is generally used to make contacts, or stay in contact with someone as you move about the country. They do have rallies and other socials.

http://www.rvweb.net/club/wbcciarc/

The website looks interesting. I never heard of an RV net. on 146.52:think:

Ret8008
12-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Sorry for the confusion. The 146.52 was never intended to be linked to RV service net. Guess the thread was in the wrong place to start with. It is in the right place now. TNX.