PDA

View Full Version : Radio off line, near 14.260 MHz

Radio
08-13-2008, 08:22 AM
My son and I are going on a camping trip 8/14 - 8/17. This is our last chance to get out before he returns to GA Tech for his last semester and gets his Civil Engineer degree!! :D

We'll be at High Falls SP in GA, listen on 20m near 14.260 mornings and evenings. Might do some 40m...might do RV nets if I knew the time and freqs.

MRimmer and ain'tgotnun will be watching ORR.net. PM them with any problems.

Richard Stouffer
08-13-2008, 11:30 AM
I've checked into this one a couple of times. There isn't much ragchewing, just QTH, WX and signal reports.

http://www.rvweb.net/club/wbcciarc/wbcci_skeds.html

The one on 40 meters, 7.230, is pretty regular.

Enjoy the camping.

w6pea
08-13-2008, 04:57 PM
You mean you ain't got wireless internet. I'm sitting here in the KOA south of Santa Cruz....what a rip. But when you need a place to stay at for three days before we can get into our endurance rdie area in Davenport, and the KOA is the only one that has a spot I guess you have to grin and bear it:mad:
And it's illegal to park overnight in this area. and even the State Beach Campgrounds in the area were full. But it's a lot better being instead of being in Nevada and suffering in the 100 + degree heat. I got up to 71 degrees here today.

73 de w6pea

Radio
08-13-2008, 08:31 PM
You mean you ain't got wireless internet.
73 de w6pea

I don't think I'm even going to take a lap top. I earn my living with computers. They can stay home.

I will have the frogs and crickets, with an ocasional owl, to lullaby me to sleep. Nights will be cool enough to not need the A/C so the windows will be open and the fan drawing in the cool air. :sleep:In the heat of the afternoon the awning becomes a workshop to build a tri-band dipole. (Ran out of time to make it, so I put all the parts in a box and will build it when I get there.)

Matt will try his hand at photography and I will try mine at dutch oven cooking. First attempt...peach cobbler. Reminds me, need to pick up vanilla ice cream.

:camp:

Listen on 20m.

Will check in from work tomorrow, but then out till Sunday evening.

One Country Boy
08-14-2008, 06:50 AM
Will listen out on 20 meters. I'm probably too close to you though. Ya'll have a good and safe trip. Enjoy yourselves.

One Country Boy
08-14-2008, 07:12 AM
I guess all I will do is listen. Hi Hi ... The tuner in my TS450s doesn't want anything to do with tuning that freq. All I have up is an inverted "V" cut to about 3.950 MHz.

Jim
@ Home in Wewahitchka, FL