PDA

View Full Version : RFI in the Campground

Radio
11-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Have you ever had a complaint about creating RFI in a campground?

wa8yxm
11-06-2008, 05:20 PM
The closest I've had to RFI is a small hand held TV that I have.. IT got messed up a bit if I'm in a weak signal area.. If I'm on cable or even the Batwing.. .. No problem

One Country Boy
11-08-2008, 06:11 AM
My XYL notices occassionally when I'm on 75 meters I create some RFI through the surround sound system. No interference with the television video, jut some crackle in the audio.

Never had any complaints from my neighbors.

K3NOQ/Mobile
11-08-2008, 09:02 AM
I have been known to create rfi into computer system speakers in nearby rigs. Apparently many of the cheap speaker systems sold for computer use, and some of the sound systems provided in RV's are very suscepitble to RFI. Liberal use of RF chokes etc will help some, but in many cases it is simply a matter of proximity to antennas and feedlines to on board wiring.

Richard Stouffer
11-09-2008, 08:40 AM
I haven't had any complaints yet. Just to be on the safe side though, I put the batwing up and turn on the antenna booster then put out a test transmission.

I figure if I'm not getting any on mine TV, I'm probably not going to cause anyone else any problems.

Vette Racer
11-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Well, I will admit to one instance of it happening. I put a J pole up in a tree for two meters but it swung so that it was pointing down as it was hanging there and when I loaded the coax with RF I had RF in the trailer big time. Needless to say, that experiment didn't last long and I didn't go looking/asking for interference from the neighbors.

KC1BUD
11-17-2008, 12:35 PM
My problem isn't RFI induced by the radio, but instead I have a problem with Hum on my ac. When tuning the radio I can hear it at 160 meters all the way to 6 meters. I can only recieve strong signals. The same goes for commercial am. I purchased a plug in the wall FM intercom system and all I get on it is Hum. Sometimes after it has been raining It gets so bad I can pick it up on 2 meters in my truck if I pull up close to the house. I know I can call the power company but a lot of people around here say good luck on getting them to do anything.

Does anyone know where I can get a whole house conditioner?

KC1BUD
11-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Had the power company out, their end checks ok.