PDA

View Full Version : Good news and Bad news

Radio
12-18-2008, 01:06 PM
First the bad news...the shrinking economy is being felt by my employer. We laid off 13 people in September. And now we need to cut some more. So starting next year, we will all take a 10% pay cut. And we will all take every other Friday off!

The good news....

1. I can afford the cut. Don't like it, but it beats a layoff.
2. Every other weekend is a 3 day weekend.
3. State parks are close by and cheap.
4. Gas is cheap.
5. Camping is cheap.

On the whole, I think I'm going to like this!

jagco
12-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Sounds like the good news heavily outweighs the bad news for you.

One Country Boy
12-19-2008, 08:40 AM
That does not sound too bad for you Wade. Any cut in wages is bad though. I hate to say it but I'm afraid it will get worse before it begins to get better.

My XYL and I have decided we were fortunate to retire when we did. We've got a few toys and able to enjoy them. Hopefully the State of Florida stays invested well and keeps those retirement checks coming. With all respects, we never know what will happen from day-to-day.

Best wishes and happy holidays to all.

TXiceman
12-19-2008, 12:15 PM
The problem is too many people live on the edge, literaly hand to mouth and can not afford a 10% reduction in income. Some simply do not have the $$$ to spare, while some could cut out the smokes and beer. 10% less income means someone is not going to get paid or medicine they need.

Ken

jagco
12-19-2008, 12:30 PM
I've got a buddy who is living below the poverty level, can't pay his bills, and complains about being broke, but still manages to buy beer and smokes. I just don't get it.

One Country Boy
12-19-2008, 04:55 PM
OH NO !! Not the smokes and beer !!!

Just kidding 'bout the smokes, quit those a long time back. Don't drink near as much either. I gotta go, it's almost "Miller Time".

Vette Racer
12-19-2008, 07:47 PM
You know, you can do without the smokes but you gotta have the "juice".

Radio
12-19-2008, 08:56 PM
You know there was a guy on rv.net forum that quit smoking by putting his cigarette money in a jar to save to buy a camper. That was one of the longest and most posted threads they have ever had over there.

After the better part of a year (I forget actually how long) he went out and bought a little used travel trailer (mid 20ft range) and had kicked his habit.

As I recall his screen name was "absofbeer" :jitter: