PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Lovers ?

One Country Boy
02-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Any rednecked NASCAR lovers out there ? Everything I see indicates if you enjoy NASCAR you'r a redneck. ;)

I watched the "Bud Shootout" Saturday and a little of the time trials yesterday. The older guys, Mark Martin and Bill Elliott are still turning some good times. I don't keep up with it like I used to but still enjoy watching it occassionally.

I saw on Speed Network where seats had dropped to $55 a seat for the Daytona 500. Seems the economy is taking a toll on attendance this year. I've only been to one race. That was in Atlanta about 12 years ago. I paid $95 a seat back then, so I know they must normally be more now. $55 for the Datona 500 has got to be a real deal. Anyone going ?

After Atlanta, I decided I'm watching them from home. Much better view at home and I'm not restricted to placing my 24 inch rear-end on an 18 inch concrete or steel slab. :worthy:

w3zi
02-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Hi Jim -- I follow it but mainly in keeping track of Joe Gibbs and his racing team. I am a Redskins fan -- Got to know the Pastor for the Redskins who organized Joe to come and speak with our mens group a while back. Just a great man and a class individual in all aspects of his life.

Mark

jagco
02-11-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't follow it like I used to, but I do watch it when it's on regular network TV. Don't have cable or sattelite. I did miss the last one, as we had a local ham club meeting Saturday night.

One Country Boy
02-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I've seen some interviews with Joe Gibbs. He appeared to be a good guy to me Mark. Thanks for validating that.

Jago, I think FOX has bought up about the first half of the season. Have you got a FOX affiliate ? I watched the Speed Channel today on sat. They had some practices on. I think they have a race on everyday the remainder of the week.

~Jim~
"Just call me rednecked !!!" :worthy:

jagco
02-12-2009, 06:29 PM
I do indeed have FOX, on channel 2, and will be watching Sunday. Glad to see they will be airing many this year. I don't have the speed channel, though. I get FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, WB, and a local Christian channel. That's about it. I am pretty much of a redneck myself, although you can't see me neck anymore, as I am also a "long-hair" :)

aintgotnun
02-14-2009, 08:03 AM
did someone say Redneck????

One Country Boy
02-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Hey Brother Greg,

'Cmon over to the Florida Panhandle ! ! ! We'll watch the Daytona 500, sip a few suds and cook a hog. Might even "grunt up a few worms" and go fishin'.

JimJoBob
In Wewa

aintgotnun
02-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey Brother Greg,

'Cmon over to the Florida Panhandle ! ! ! We'll watch the Daytona 500, sip a few suds and cook a hog. Might even "grunt up a few worms" and go fishin'.

JimJoBob
In Wewa

while that's a mighty fine offer that 14 hour drive would put me in the dirt

in spirit Brother!! :beer:

jagco
02-17-2009, 04:37 PM
I ended up missing most of the race. DMIL got taken to the hospital with a possible heart attack, so we went to her (2.5 hours away). They are still not sure what happened to her. Doing more tests.

One Country Boy
02-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Sorry to hear you had the emergency. Hope she is doing better. I missed most of the race as well. Had to make a short trip. I knew I would be back in time to see a few of the ending laps, but it was stopped for the rain when I returned. I was afraid it would get rained out because it had rained here earlier and was moving down in that direction. Hate to see a race like the 500 end like that.

jagco
02-18-2009, 10:36 AM
I never did hear who "won" the race.