PDA

View Full Version : Toad Question

donnie
04-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Dont know if this question belongs here or in another thread.
We just got a new toad to pull behind the MH.
Its a 09 Wrangler and my question is what would be a good protection for the front end of it when we re on the road?
We re going to be using a Roadmaster tow setup to pull it and a Unified brake system for braking.
Here is a pic of what we got.
Also got a question about antenna for it but Ill take that up in another thread.

w3zi
04-29-2009, 05:53 PM
I would start with an Ultraguard flap along the back or near the back of the MH. Thats all that I use to tow my 2007 Malibu Maxx and it works fine. Towed it about 5K miles so far with no problems. I have seen the various "Bras" that go over the front hood area from etc, but I didnt want to spend the money. Have also seen a fabric screen that mounts between the front fender of the Toad and over the hitch and tow bar. I dont have one but I am sure they work fine.

Good Luck
Mark

TXiceman
04-29-2009, 08:22 PM
When we had a Moho, the best results was from an RV UndeR-Skirt. We had tried various rock guards and we always got some rocks on the dinghy.

Underskirt was sold and is being supplied by I believe Blue Ox (http://www.blueox.us/PDFS/BX88165.PDF) now.

Ken

One Country Boy
04-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Sorry, can't help you Donnie. The only toad I ever had was in a jar. My Dad said he would give me warts.

I just wanted to say, that's a darned good looking vehicle.

wa8yxm
05-01-2009, 11:35 AM
I like a product called an "RV Underskirt, however mine tore off and I've got to re-do the attachments (I recovered it) this is a woven fabric that streatches between towed and towing keeps what is below, below, and what is above above.

blue ox used to list 'em, mine is a Blue Ox I think roadmaster has 'em to Name may be different than what I call it

jagco
05-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Sorry, can't help you Donnie. The only toad I ever had was in a jar. My Dad said he would give me warts.

I just wanted to say, that's a darned good looking vehicle.

Ditto for me, on both parts :)

donnie
05-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks.
Now all I have to do is figure where to put the antenna without having to drill holes.
Been thinking about a Rat Shack scanner antenna.
It will work for 2 meter/440. Thats what I use on the road and it should suffice for now.