PDA

View Full Version : Any one for Field Day from YT?

mick99
05-01-2009, 08:57 PM
We will be heading for Alaska in our class C around the end of May and are planning to operate Field Day from somewhere near Dawson City in the Yukon Territory. That is if plans hold and the anticipated travel schedule becomes reality. Any one else on the forum planning to be in that area at the same time? Hopefully we can find a radio friendly campground with a few trees for antenna supports and secluded enough that we won't bother the neighbors with the genset.

Mick99

One Country Boy
05-02-2009, 05:18 AM
Hey Mick,

Sounds like a great trip. I think we will have to sit this one out. I had a friend (N4DXC he's now a SK) that made 3 trips to Alaska on he and the YL's bus. We stayed intouch with him via 20 meters mostly. That was awhile back. The way conditions are these days, we would probably be out of luck. Hope you have a good time and a great and safe trip. Maybe you will catch anpther ham traveling that direction about the same time.

By-the-way, welcome to ORR and thank you for posting. If you have a computer with you, please keep intouch along the route. We would certainly enjoy hearing from you and sharing your experiences.

Thank you,
Jim

Radio
05-02-2009, 06:35 AM
:hello:

Welcome to ORR.net!

That sounds like some serious adventure. Wish I could go, so keep us here on the forum advised of your progress.