PDA

View Full Version : The Hawk

Radio
06-22-2009, 04:58 PM
I was headed out to the back deck to have morning coffee and was greeted by this fellow. Wow. He likes to sit up on the boom of the quad antenna, about 70' up, and I had been meaning to catch a picture, but he always leaves when I get the camera.

It occurred to me that magnificence does not happen by accident or randomness.

Enjoy the pics, but you really had to have been there.

Andy N1ORK
06-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Nice pics Wade. Is it a Red Tail? Looks like it.
Andy - n1ork

Radio
06-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Nice pics Wade. Is it a Red Tail? Looks like it.
Andy - n1ork

I think so. Either a "Red Hawk" or "Red Tail Hawk" depending on who you ask. It's kind of neat to have one that likes to hang out in your back yard. When he flew off, I guessed his wingspan to be 6' to 7'

KF5BET
06-22-2009, 06:11 PM
That's beautiful. Thanks for the pics.

One Country Boy
06-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Nice shots Wade. Six or seven foot wing span, that is a good sized bird. Hope you don't have any small dogs for pets. We have a few birds of prey here. They are expected in our environment. I would think it a little unusual where you reside ? I'm assuming you are in a fairly populated neighborhood.

I know you are an avid photographer Wade. Did you see on the news where Kodachrome film is a thing of the past ? I shot many 35 mm Kodachrome rolls. Kind of sad.

What type digital camera are you using ? That second shot is in there pretty tight and nice and crisp. Were you tripod mounted ? Outstanding job.