PDA

View Full Version : Who have you worked today?

KB5LJE
08-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Well I worked XE1B Mexico today on 20 so atleast somone would talk to me.

Andy N1ORK
08-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Not today, but it was nice to work 9K2YM (Kuwait) on 40m SSB on 8/11/09 at 00:09 UTC using my FT-857D into a G5RVjr at the NH camp (n1ork/p). Had 57 both ways. Hope to get confirmation someday either on eQSL or LOTW.

W6ZKH
08-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Just my same ole Ham Satellite cronies.. :radio:

Also, was looking around Youtube this afternoon, and happen to run across a fellow working the satellites and I am the first one he talks to !! Strange hearing your own voice. Big DX, we were 65 miles apart, but the sigs had to go about 1000 miles roundtrip to make the contact, hi hi... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syM7UFz0btI

John W6ZKH

wa8yxm
08-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Who have I talked to today... My wife, assorted staff and members here at the park, have not yet keyed the radio.

I hope to do some satellite work next time I park. (monday I re-park) so far I've not had much luck with Sat modes but I've always mounted the VHF/UHF antennas vertical.. I now have added antennas, fixed, not as good as the pole mount ones (By at least 3db) but hey, I don't have to put the pole up.. I'll toss the high gain antennas on the roof, flat, and try for a bird or two

(The high gain are "T" poles, that's a variation on the "Super J" which recently appeared in QST if I'm not mistaken.. Here is how to make it

Start with the Super J design, this is a full wave colliner design.

Forget the matching stub at the bottom

Feed the phasing stub in what is now the middle

And that's..... the design

W7PSK
08-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Nobody here (Did talk a lot to the 3 Ham Members of my camping club).

I got the Pro Am 20m whip up and its swr is fabulous. Unfortunately nothing on 20m. Im a big heavy for my trailer ladder so I cannot change bands easy. I need to come up with a better idea for that.

Anyway, I took my rig over to a friends (He didnt bring his HF), to verify I didnt have a coax/Antenna issue with my new install. Same thing. 20 dead here in the Pacific NW. We are also down in a Valley between high mountains.

At least I know it plays.

One Country Boy
08-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Howdy all !!

Other than checking in to my morning traffic net on 3950 and my son on 2 meters, no one. I've got to change that.

Time to get on the air some. Anyone for some slow CW ?

Jim

wa8yxm
08-29-2009, 09:35 AM
I worked a PSK31 station on 30 yesterday.. (Still have to eQSL it) and another on 40, both domestic, but it was my first contact on 30

So New band for me.

k8zfj
08-30-2009, 09:43 AM
K0WA in the KS qso party using 2w, on 20m

Andy N1ORK
03-23-2010, 07:23 AM
Finally got Australia (Tazmania) in February on 20m SSB at my home QTH in Manchester, CT. Using FT847 (100w) into a G5RVjr inverted-V inside my attic.
:jitter:

Radio
03-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Well, I guess i better get of my butt and work something....:whistle:

WD8QBQ
03-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Way to go Andy, sounds like you really wanted that one:cheer:

JIM:bigclap:

Andy N1ORK
03-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks Guys!
Picked up Asiatic Russia today UA0QQQ on 14.188. Doesn't look like he's a QSL'er, but I'll try eQSL & LOTW and who knows. He was only 55, but it looks like the bands are starting to open up again.
Andy - n1ork

wa8yxm
03-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Hey for mobile/portable use PSK-31 is fantastic.. I have a fairly long list of PSK contacts, not today (Today it's just the Before Breakfast club and the Breakfast club on 75mtr LSB voice) but then that's all it ever is "Today" when I log onto the internet.. Post internet it gets interesting)

I've worked Russia, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Guatalama, Grand Caymans, Mexico, Cuba, Canada (of course) a good hunk of the US, and more than a few countries I can't spell

All with 50 watts (1/2 the radios rated average power) or less Most with solid copy

My antenna: 100' long stranded copper wire

One end (Motor home end) is hooked to a Kenwood KAT-1
Other end to a rope and the other end of the rope is a drink mix cylinder (Whylers, Chrystal Light, Et-Al) filled with concrete, about 2 pounds..

David & Golaith it over some tree limbs and I"m in business.