PDA

View Full Version : Flu shots, anyone?

Radio
10-05-2009, 04:19 PM
What Flu Vaccinations are you planning to get this year?

Radio
10-05-2009, 05:21 PM
I did notice at church a new fleet of hand sanitizer dispensers have appeared in lots of places, especially near the childrens and youth areas, and where food might be served. It's a fairly big church and I think there is more than a dozen of these things, most are mounted low enough a six year old could reach easily. I guess church is a pretty good place to pass the flu with all that handshaking and hugging going on.

:sick:

TXiceman
10-06-2009, 07:01 AM
We got the regular flu shots 3 weeks ago and plan to get the Pig flu shots when thay are available for us. I have had the real flu twice and will pass on getting it again.

Ken

One Country Boy
10-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Like Ken, we took the regular flu shots about two weeks ago. We went to a WalGreens and got them since our counties health department is not expecting to get the vaccination until November. When the H1N1 comes out, we plan to take it also. We're going to take a chance on it. with all the contraversy, you don't know what to believe.

aintgotnun
10-07-2009, 02:08 PM
nada
already had the "seasonal" flu a few weeks ago
my eldest just got over the swine and didn't get the rest of us infected so I ain't messin with the shots

had flu shots was in the military and they were mandatory. never had them before and only once since and I got sick 2 weeks after the shot which is too soon for the shot to take effect so I missed out of the bennies

jagco
10-08-2009, 06:29 PM
They're both "mandatory" in my case. I have a kidney transplant, so I have a suppressed immune system. Docs require me to be vaccinated against just about everything. I already got the seasonal shot, but the pig shots are not available here yet. I am going to call averify they want this particular shot, but if it's like any of the others, they'll want me to get it.

KC1BUD
10-17-2009, 10:42 PM
I got the regular seasonal one, it was free at the VA Hospital. But I didn't get the N1H1 shot, it is not recommended for any one but children and young adults because they seem to be the most at risk from this strain.