PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all our Veterans

KF5BET
11-11-2009, 12:34 PM
a HUGE thanks goes out from our family to all veterans who have served so graciously for our country...We thank you and commend you for all you have sacrificed.

I get great pride in that you are willing to protect our country and fellow man even when you feel everyone has deserted the cause...Please know that I and my family pray for all service personnel every day and we won't forget!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND SACRIFICE

The Wilsons :flag:

Radio
11-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Silas Edward Massengill, United States Army - Served with distinction and honor under the command of Gen. Montgomery as the Allied Armies drove the Nazis out of North Africa. He was a tank commander in charge of 3 Sheridan tanks. Note the patches on the sleeve. He landed in Algeria, fought his way across North Africa and into Sicily, where his convoy was attacked. The truck he was riding in rolled over and broke his neck and back. He was sent home in a body cast and told he would never walk again. Upon release from the military hospital then at Ft. McPherson, and on crutches, he went to work for Delta Air Lines. Of those who knew him there no one knew of his 70% disability status with the VA.

So on this Veterans Day, I present with honor my own special Veteran, who happened also to be my father.

Thanks for serving, Dad.

Radio
11-11-2009, 02:52 PM
BTW....be sure to add your own Vet to the thread

Andy N1ORK
11-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Congratulations to you and your Dad Wade!!! What a great story. My dad was in the Polish cavalry (on horses) at the begining of WWII.
Thanks to all the Veteran's that helped to protect the freedoms of all peoples.

KC1BUD
11-12-2009, 09:56 AM
My Grand father WWI, Dad WWII, Brother and myself Vietnam my brother went in a year before I did and never went to Nam but I did. A sister and several nephews.