PDA

View Full Version : Echolink update

Bob W4RAA
12-28-2009, 03:01 AM
So far myself and Low Country Boy (Jim W4EWA) are on ECHOLINK, awaiting more RVers/HAMs to joy us.
v/r
Bob
W4RAA:radio::headphones::rv:

wa8yxm
12-28-2009, 08:43 AM
I keep considering echolink but there are just too many ports I'd have to keep open on this computer.. plus I'm only on line for a while.

Bob W4RAA
12-28-2009, 03:55 PM
"Open Too many ports on computer"?, You don't have to open any ports on your computer with ECHOLINK, It utilizes VOIP Ports not on your computer.
Very easy to setup and operate.

v/r
Bob
W4RAA:radio::headphones::rv::bigmic:

k8zfj
12-29-2009, 07:21 PM
I can see W4EWA on echolink station list now...guess i shud read more about how to use it?

k8zfj
12-29-2009, 08:29 PM
NEAT ! thanks for 1st echolink qso, Jim!
I was able to get into the panama City repeater, but nobody wanted to talk to me:(
While playing around with it, i read that echolink suggests that we keep number of "conference" participants to only 7-8.

Cross that bridge when we get to it.

73's de Randy

One Country Boy
12-29-2009, 09:06 PM
NEAT ! thanks for 1st echolink qso, Jim!
I was able to get into the panama City repeater, but nobody wanted to talk to me:(
While playing around with it, i read that echolink suggests that we keep number of "conference" participants to only 7-8.

Cross that bridge when we get to it.

73's de Randy

Yes, I too enjoyed the QSO. Glad you got a chance to go out over the air via the Panama City repeater. I should have gotten on 2 meters and worked you. I hit that machine without a problem. I did not hear it come up because I had it locked out of scan.

I set my number of conferences up to 7. DSL should handle that OK.

You don't have to open anyports up on the computer. Once I got validated, it worked great. Lots of fun. I've had 3 very nice QSO's with the guys here on ORR. Sounds like they were sitting across the desk from me.

OK, what time is the first net and what date? Some of you guys on the west coast jump in here and get your feet wet. DX is a breeze with Echolink.. Hi Hi

Bob W4RAA
12-30-2009, 04:37 PM
All:

I will take the lead and be "Net Control" for a couple of weeks until we get the ball rolling, then we can rotate it. How about if we start out tonight (Wednesday, 30 December) at 7pm EST. I will monitor to see who comes up.

You can find me in AREA 4, North America under W4RAA

Once we make contact save eachother's call sign in your FAVORITEs and also set the ALARM for those call siings also.

73s
C U tonight
Bob
W4RAA
:radio::headphones::rv::bigmic::

One Country Boy
01-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Bob, why don't you set up another sked for about 3 to 5 days away so some might check in and see the date/time in time. I'll do my best to be there.

Bob W4RAA
01-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Will do.

see new post

k8zfj
01-03-2010, 09:04 AM
On my calendar for Monday...now if i can remember to check the calendar !