PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Jacket RV Resort, Old Town, FL

One Country Boy
05-04-2010, 09:59 AM
This is one of the nicer private parks we've stayed in. Yellow Jacket (http://www.yellowjacketcampground.com/) is located about 9 miles south (Hwy 349 South) of Old Town, FL in Dixie County. It is in a remote area, 25 miles to the nearest Walmart (Chiefland). Cell phone service is spotty, if any, but a nice wifi system throughout the park. Also has cable TV. Sites along the waterfront are beautiful. I believe all sites are 30 and 50 amps with sewer. We were there a little over a week. This park is very well maintained and clean. It's an owner/operated park and the owners take pride in their business.

We didn't go into any, but there are also apartments for rent and a pool. I'm sure the apartments are nice. They also provide boat rentals and boat slip rental. This place gets thumbs up from my wife and I.

One Country Boy
05-04-2010, 10:01 AM
More Pics:

One Country Boy
05-04-2010, 10:04 AM
A few more:

Andy N1ORK
05-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Nice place Jim! loks like the WX was good for you also. Here's where we stay in NH.
www.nhrvresort.com (http://www.nhrvresort.com)
It's not really RV'ing, but it's relaxing and alot of fun activities.

One Country Boy
05-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Looks like my kind of place Andy. Never been in that area. I hear it is beautiful. We are leaving in awhile for Thomasville, GA to attend a blue grass festival there. It will be busy, not one of those relaxing weekends, but fun.

Dizzy-Dick
05-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Looks like my kind of place Andy. Never been in that area. I hear it is beautiful. We are leaving in awhile for Thomasville, GA to attend a blue grass festival there. It will be busy, not one of those relaxing weekends, but fun.

That RV park looks really inviting. Glad you enjoyed it.

Wish I were with you, going to a blue-grass festival. That is my favorite music. I have a satalite radeo, and the dial never moves from the blue-grass station.

We just got back from Terlinqua. Really enjoyed it and the weather was perfect.

73's and happy RVing,