PDA

View Full Version : Blue Grass Festival ~ Thomasville, GA

One Country Boy
05-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Getting a few things together to head up to Thomasville, GA for a few days. A good blue grass festival up there this weekend, here's the site:

http://pickersparadisepark.com/

C'mon and listen to the music with us.

One Country Boy
05-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Arrived here yesterday, a little after 3 PM EDT. Quite a few RV'ers already here and ready for the shows. Have met a lot of nice folks, music lovers and patriots.

I dunno about setting up hf operations here. My son has been after me to do so, so we can make contact. I fear getting into the enormous PA system they have. Hi Hi....

The shows actually do not start until tomorrow. They have what they call "open mic" starting today. Anateurs can get up and shoe their stuff. There are some very good amateurs here. You can walk around and listen to them jamming under the awnings.

Dizzy-Dick
05-06-2010, 09:29 AM
You just can't beat blue-grass music. The RFDTV channel has some good blue-grass music shows. A couple of them air on Saturday nights.

As I posted on your other thread, I have a satalite radeo whose dial is always set to the blue-grass channel.

Enjoy for me,

Andy N1ORK
05-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Blue Grass, Cajun and Folk music are my favorites. I also like Celtic and the stuff Enya does. She did some of the songs in the first Lord of the Rings.

One Country Boy
05-07-2010, 08:26 AM
I'll try to get a few pcs up later today. They had locals pickin' and grinnin' last night. Little groups in this park jamming all amoung the RV's. Some of these locals could go pro. They are very good.

Dick, I have a satellite radio in the truck. It stays tuned to Fox News Channel most of the time. I need to relax and find some of that grassy blue stuff on there.

You have some good taste in music Andy. I wish I knew how to play one of these stringed instruments. I was a percussionist.

Dizzy-Dick
05-07-2010, 03:29 PM
On our XM radios, the blue-grass channel is 14, on Sirrius it is on channel 65. More relaxing to listen to Blue-Grass than the news, but if you going listen to news, Fox is the best, for sure.

One Country Boy
05-10-2010, 08:36 AM
On our XM radios, the blue-grass channel is 14, on Sirrius it is on channel 65. More relaxing to listen to Blue-Grass than the news, but if you going listen to news, Fox is the best, for sure.

Absolutely Dick. We listened to nothing but music on our trip home yesterday. Turned the "bad news" off.:) Had an enjoyable trip home. Not a bad ride, about 2.5 hours. I routed back via Tallahassee, the traffic was not that bad for a Sunday.

Will post a photo or two next.

One Country Boy
05-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Here are a few photos from the past 4 day.

One Country Boy
05-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Just a couple more:

Andy N1ORK
05-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Looks like you're having a great time there Jim!

One Country Boy
05-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Yes, it was good time Andy. I got enough fiddles and guitars for awhile. Time to get back to computers and ham radio.;)

KF5BET
05-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Looks like you had a good time. I like Bluegrass, bet it was nice....Andy come on down and you can have as much cajun music as you can stand!!!

Andy N1ORK
05-12-2010, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the invite Galen, but it's too hot down there in the summer. Got plenty of Country, Blue Grass and Cajun up here and at the NH camp too.
Andy - n1ork

One Country Boy
05-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Interesting that you enjoy those types of music Andy. I don't know why, I just had you figured for a "Rap Music Lover". :poke:

Andy N1ORK
05-13-2010, 05:00 AM
Oh yeah man! That and Hip Hop are my favorite Bro.:bounce::jitter:

You've GOT to be kidding!!!!!!!!:eek:

One Country Boy
05-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Yessir, I way pulling your leg just a little.;)