PDA

View Full Version : On the short road again

W6ZKH
08-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Good day to all.....

Well, after a 3 week trip in June/July to Yellowstone, Cody, Wy and Rapid City, we are in McCloud, CA, just at the southern base of Mt. Shasta. There is an arts & crafts festival here this weekend, so thought we'd make the trip up here just to check out this part of the country. WX in the mid-80's in afternoon and low 40's at early morning light.......I know, I was up at 6 am in the dark working an Oscar Satellite pass, hi...

Hope everyone is doing good. My post Prostrate surgery last month is doing okay, but they think it did spread, so will have have more PSA tests to make sure, even though the Prostrate is GONE... It was done robotically...geez, just like Star Wars, hi...

73's to all, and good camping to all.....

Dizzy-Dick
08-23-2010, 12:54 PM
John, hope that they discover that it did NOT spread. Good luck

KF5BET
08-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Keep us posted John...Good luck to you.

Have fun on the road, but be safe.

WD8QBQ
08-24-2010, 11:05 PM
John, this is not good news. I hope for you it did not spread. Until now I had been under the impression that prostate cancer did not spread into the body from the prostate gland.
Now something else to worry about and :pray:

Best wishes, JIM :hamster:

W6ZKH
09-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Hello to all, and thanks all for the good wishes with this surgery. Yes, according to the doctor, the cancer had spread to the membrane that surrounds the Prostrate, and there was a possibilty that it could spread. Only time will tell, along with more PSA blood draws. Last blood draw showed ZERO, which of course is what we want. Will continue to have the blood draws for a year, and hoping it stay zero of course. As far as healing, it is completed, I think. Since I had the surgery robotically, the doctor told me there would be NO PAIN; yeah right !! Well, he was right; NO PAIN, just some discomfort for afew weeks. Wouldnt have thought that with 4 holes in my gut and a 3" incision (the exit hole for the gland when they removed it; whole, not in pieces). With Obamacare, just about kiss off my knee replacement, unless it gets repealed after Nov 2nd... the price of getting old, hi....

W6ZKH
04-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Hello folks.........been sometime since I checked in so thought I would pass along the news on the cancerous Prostrate removal. All PSA tests have been ZERO !!!.. so looks like it didnt spread as they thought it might have. Time will tell for sure, but still good results and feel good except for the aches and pains we all get in our GOLDEN YEARS (takes gold to pay for it).

Hope all here are doing well.

Andy N1ORK
04-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Great news John! We're praying that it continues.

One Country Boy
04-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi John... Been missing you. Good to see you back on. I can only "ditto Andy". That is good news and we will say prayers for you as well. I should say, add you to our list.

We have a couple of very good friends that have been battling Leukemia for awhile. One has his in arrest for the moment but never knows when it will flare on him. He's been fighting it for about 10 years now. He is a fellow ham, an ex-neighbor and very good friend. Say a prayer for W4WEB when you think about it. The other has a very rare type of Leukemia. Only 200 known cases and no cure. The prognosis looks a little dim but there is always "hope and prayer". He is at the University of Alabama at Birmingham presently.

John, I'm glad it had not spread as they had thought. I apologize for having missed the earlier post where you had mentioned having the disease. I've been on and off here for awhile. For a long time I was mostly off. Good to see you back on here and I'm glad to be back.

WD8QBQ
04-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Great news John, glad things are going your way again.

JIM:)