PDA

View Full Version : Another Georgia Soldier Comes Home

Radio
09-07-2010, 11:07 PM
They traveled down GA Hwy 16, the same route I tow to my favorite parks.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/local_news/Body-of-Fallen-Griffin-Marine-Arrives-Home-20100907-am-sd

Andy N1ORK
09-08-2010, 04:10 AM
So sad.
Thanks for sharing Wade.

KF5BET
09-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Our deepest sympathy and prayers to the family....in fact we pray for all of the service men and women every day. We cannot and should not ever forget what sacrafices they are making for us!

Radio
09-09-2010, 12:49 AM
I was offended that only one (Fox) of the 4 network news outlets in Atlanta carried the story. The route information was not put out well, Hwy 16 is just minutes from my house. Had I known the schedule and route I would have been there.

There were almost 50 police units with sirens, some fire apparatus, At the city limits of Griffin (his home town) they had 2 ladder trucks erected with a large flag between them and the Freedom Riders had over 50 bikers present.

Griffin is not a really big place and the whole town turned out for the homecoming.

It was touching. Travel on GA Hwy 16 will seem different now.

aintgotnun
09-10-2010, 08:20 AM
The news outlets here rarely ever cover these homecomings.

But the smaller towns along the route from the airport have their police and fire departments along the roads and bridges. The locals also come out to pay their respects and line the roadway.