PDA

View Full Version : Another Florida Newbie

N4NRU
01-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Greetings from another Sunshine State Newbie. Enjoyed meeting Andy and Chris on the Net tonight (Monday), and look forward to meeting some of the rest of you as time goes on.
JD

KF5BET
01-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Welcome to the forum JD....Hope to see you here often. Lots of great people on here.

Andy N1ORK
01-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Welcome to ORR JD! It was great talking to you and Chris on EL last night. Is there a local repeater you hang out at? I'll program it for my drive down later this month.

N4NRU
01-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Yep, sure is Andy. If I'm mobile, I'm always on the KG4EOP machine in the south part of the county. 145.470 Open repeater, Echolink node 377070.
Like I said, give me a heads up when you will be here, and I'll make a point to look fer ya.

One Country Boy
01-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Hi JD, sorry I didn't make the net last night. Will be there Monday night I hope and will be looking for ya.

Welcome to ORR. A good friendly bunch as you have already found out.

I was just reading your Bio on QRZ.Com... I didn't know it was the "Old Goats" but I very often have listened to you huys on 3910 in the mornings while awaiting my 75 meter SSB net on 3950 at 9AM ET. You guys have some interesting conversations and some good signals up this way into the panhandle.

73 for now.

KE5ZRT
01-12-2011, 08:03 AM
Nice to meet you J.D.

N4NRU
01-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi JD, sorry I didn't make the net last night. Will be there Monday night I hope and will be looking for ya.

Welcome to ORR. A good friendly bunch as you have already found out.

I was just reading your Bio on QRZ.Com... I didn't know it was the "Old Goats" but I very often have listened to you huys on 3910 in the mornings while awaiting my 75 meter SSB net on 3950 at 9AM ET. You guys have some interesting conversations and some good signals up this way into the panhandle.

73 for now.
Thanks for the welcome Jim,
I think the actual "net" for the Old Goats begins at 0700, but a lot of us early risers are there more times than not as early as 0500 ragging about whatever. I haven't checked in for a couple weeks, but have been listening a lot. I'll have to QSY up and say hello to you guys on 3950 in the next few days. I'm not a strong station (barefoot IC 756ProII/G5RV not very high), but I do OK.
I'll be looking for you Monday night, and nice to meet you here.