PDA

View Full Version : DX Code Of Conduct

KE5ZRT
03-13-2011, 03:19 PM
I will listen, and listen, and then listen again before calling.
I will only call if I can copy the DX station properly.

I will not trust the DX cluster and will be sure of the DX station's call sign before calling.

I will not interfere with the DX station nor anyone calling and will never tune up on the DX frequency or in the QSX slot.

I will wait for the DX station to end a contact before I call.

I will always send my full call sign.

I will call and then listen for a reasonable interval. I will not call continuously.

I will not transmit when the DX operator calls another call sign, not mine.

I will not transmit when the DX operator queries a call sign not like mine.

I will not transmit when the DX station requests geographic areas other than mine.

When the DX operator calls me, I will not repeat my call sign unless I think he has copied it incorrectly.

I will be thankful if and when I do make a contact.

I will respect my fellow hams and conduct myself as to earn their respect.

TXiceman
04-01-2011, 05:53 PM
It seems that more and more of the hams on the air are forgetting these basic courtesies. They crank the amps up to max and call before the DX station even signs with the current contact.

Ken

Andy N1ORK
04-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I ditto that Ken! I think I've seen all of those codes abused and misused at one time or another. It's hard enough for us 100 watters with dipoles in our attics without the KWers tuning up on frequency. Thanks for posting Chris!

One Country Boy
04-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Amateur Radio was "all about" common respect and courtesy when I got into it back in the late '60's. All that appears to have gone by the wayside some how. Some bands worse then others. But isn't that the story of all else today?

KE5ZRT
06-23-2011, 04:49 PM
I thought I would bump this thread since Field Day is around the corner! 73 and Happy Contesting!

TXiceman
07-07-2011, 03:36 PM
I seldom chase DX due to the rude operators now. I run a 100 radio, with a dipole and a Buternut vertical. I do OK, but when the big guns find the DX, they operate alligator radios...all mouth and no ears, I move on down the band or to another band.

Ken