PDA

View Full Version : Checking In, New From Idaho

K7MEE
03-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Hello all,

My name is Mark and my call is K7MEE. I hold a general class license. Gonna be going on a cross-country journey next month, found this site and wanted to check in.

I am hoping to operate my Yaesu FT-897D with ATAS-120 during the trip. Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and West "By God" Virginia.

Hope to hear someone along the way.

KE5ZRT
03-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Pleased to meet you Mark, and welcome to The Open Roads Radio Forum. There are some great folks here who have helped me to learn a lot about RV camping, and I am grateful to them all. Its always nice to meet a fellow cloud burster!

Cloud Bursting Definition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjs8SDCyKiI

Andy N1ORK
03-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Welcome aboard Mark! Post some dates, freqs and times you might be on the air and we'll try to contact you. Have fun on your trip!

Radio
03-14-2011, 05:15 PM
by all means, welcome aboard!

:hello:

K7MEE
03-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks all. I will hopefully be monitoring the 6.52 along the way. May try some VHF SSB. Never have done it. Of course, will throw in some HF along the way. I'll try to determine some frequencies before we leave and get some call signs logged down and give a shout.

Don't have an RV. I do have a pull behind camper that father out-law (HI HI) gave us. We're gonna chug along in our caravan, me, the YL (XYL)?, and the kids.

What is the difference; YL and XYL? Haven't quite figured that out yet.

Thanks again, 73

One Country Boy
03-14-2011, 11:09 PM
What is the difference; YL and XYL? Haven't quite figured that out yet.

Thanks again, 73

Hi Mark,:hello:

Welcome aboard the ORR Forum.:welcome: We're small but dynamite and good things come in small packages. :whistle:

Post some HF freqs and times and I'll try to contact you along the route. Several of us are retired and have time to ham during the daylight hours.

YL = Young Lady
XYL = Ex Young Lady

That's the reason for ONLY using the letters. They get a little peaved hearing you call them an Ex Young Lady. If you want to continue your ham radio hobby, just stick to wife or betterhalf.. Heehee

Looking forward to your posts .. Glad to have you on board.

W9WLS
03-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Hello Mark and WELCOME ABORD !
Some usable frequency's for day time anyway are
Midcars on 7.258
SouthCars on 7.251 (op hours 08:00-16:00 daily)
Rv service net / NorCars? on 7.191 (runs a little slow for my liking)
These are all mobile service net's, there is also an "ECARS" and "WEST CARS" but I do not know the frequency's , give them a listen and you will get the idea of how they work.
73, John

K7MEE
03-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Hello Mark and WELCOME ABORD !
Some usable frequency's for day time anyway are
Midcars on 7.258
SouthCars on 7.251 (op hours 08:00-16:00 daily)
Rv service net / NorCars? on 7.191 (runs a little slow for my liking)
These are all mobile service net's, there is also an "ECARS" and "WEST CARS" but I do not know the frequency's , give them a listen and you will get the idea of how they work.
73, John
Thanks John. I have them written down. Will give them a try.