PDA

View Full Version : A Bargain?

Richard Stouffer
12-09-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm still dreaming of a new SteppIR, so I searched e-bay this morning and found a 20m, 2 element Yagi for sale. The highest bid so far is $113.00. I suspect that will get elevated toward the deadline, but still.

Unfortunately I'm not a candidate for a yagi just yet, but it would sure be nice to find a brand new SteppIR anywhere that you don't have to wait four or five months for from the factory.

N7OQ
12-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Richard are you looking for the Vertical or the Yagi ? I have though about a Vertical should not be to noticeable by the neighbors. Right now I have a Trap vertical in the back yard (Hygain 14AVQ) but it is getting very old and needs to be replaced.

Richard Stouffer
12-09-2007, 12:22 PM
I now have a Hy-Gain DX 77 that is on a post and hinged. I only put it up after dark. I don't do much in the summer. The antenna is real touchy on tuning and requires constant examination and maintenance. With the SteppIF, the 33 foot one vertical, I wouldn't need a tuner and it is supposed to require very little maintenance. However, it is expensive, especially with the 80 meter coil. The combo is over $1,200.