PDA

View Full Version : A little feedback please...

Radio
07-29-2011, 07:36 PM
We have been tweaking the appearance and functions of ORR.net the last week or two, slowly, a little at the time.

Today I tweaked the banner artwork and background color. It seems the average browser/video chip set/monitor collectively are not smart enough to autosize the banner, so on some screens it will be too big and on others, like mine, a bit too small... which then affects the way the rest of the page loads.

If your browser does something seriously objectionable, please advise.

The ads are up, and hopefully do not intrude on your enjoyment of the forum. The idea is just to break even, I don't think ORR.net is going to turn out to be my retirement income! By all means check out the ads that interest you, as we are paid mostly by the click. Thanks to Moe for getting the code snippets in place to get the ads turned on.

So far, we have earned 4 cents. :rofl:

The next project is to drive more traffic towards ORR.net. This is more Moe Magic, setting up stuff for search engines and a bunch of other stuff I'm just learning to do. The more fresh membership we have, the more fun ORR.net becomes.

Give us a little feedback, and let us know how you feel about the changes. A little reminder here about features you'd like to see. If our version of forum software will support it, we'll try to figure out how to bring it to you.

And ORR.net is coming up on our 4th anniversary soon!!

W5DOK
07-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Wade, I really appreciate all your hard work keeping this forum up and running. It looks great and works fine on my machine.
Be sure that you don't spend all that income on something foolish.:D
Doc

Radio
07-30-2011, 11:05 AM
BTW, ya'll don't forget about the chat tool we have here on ORR.net, on the portal page, under "Main Menu" click on DX Spotter Chat

KF5BET
08-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Great job Wade and Moe:

The page looks fine on my machine (IE 8.0).

oldham
08-02-2011, 06:19 AM
It looks great to me.