View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

I have had that wheel problem 2x.. Once on a trailer.. Thankfully the trailer was a PUP so a very low center of gravity and it lost traction on a corner and slid into a ditch (Very minor ignorable damage) and that let me find the loose logs... Wife was all over how fast I was driving till I stopped for gas (I was NOT going too fast) and the station attendant told us about another RVer who was not so lucky,, His wheel came off and flippity de doo da.

The other time was my daughter's car.. She had mag-alloy wheels on it (That's how it came) and had a brake job done,,,, The dealer failed to tell her to return for re-tightening of the lugs.. And as a result they paid for the 2ndary damage (or rather fixed everything no charge) New rim (New fender, and a bunch of other new stuff.

That was fun... I am NOT supposed to know more about how to tow cars that multiple year seniority trow truck drivers. But alas.. I do.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote