View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #1
Radio
Administrator

Unhappy Sad Story of a Tough Trailer

On our recent trip to Indian Springs State Park we discovered our furnace doesn't work. Bummer. Didn't freeze though as we had an electric heater with us to avoid spending money on LP gas.

Found a dealer to do the warranty work. He gave really good directions at to how to get into his lot from the 4 lane highway. But I missed his driveway and had to turn around, approaching the gate the wrong way, requiring a very tight turn. (You'd have to be there to understand)
Sparing any more verbage, I ran over the dealers gate post with the new 5th wheel.
However, I am impressed at how tough the filon wall system on the Forest River product is. Every thing that needs fixing can be replaced with a screwdriver and some caulking. The underskirt got folded up, the slide flange was damaged and the connections for city water, the black tank rinser and cable TV box were scraped off.

But the shiney white skin of the trailer was nearly undamaged. Just some minor scratches that should buff out. And the poor guys post was seriously bent!!

So I'm really impressed with the strength and quality of the bonded wall technology that new trailers are put together with.

The damage is less than my deductable and I'll have it back, good as new and nice and warm in a couple of weeks. The wife said "Oh well, I guess this is the one we learn on!"

Her attitude is better than mine, I have to admit.

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote