View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
KC1BUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I finally found the low point drains on the 5th wheel I've had since July 2008.

Went looking for them because it's going down to 25 F tonight and the next few nights here in mid-Georgia. Looked for them before but never saw them. I was looking down the street side. They're under the bathroom on the curb side.

Didn't do a full winterize because we want to go out a time or too before Christmas, but did drain everything, button up good and set up an electric heater.

And these are plugs or caps. I think I'll put two little valves there just to make it easier on my self.

Soon as it warms up!
I bought a brass hose blowout and I hook a compressor to the blowout and have the compressor output air pressure set to 40 pounds then pressurize the whole system of course, I bypassed and drained the hot water tank. Then open each valve on each faucet (both hot and cold) until absolutely no water vapor comes out of the faucet. I do several rounds this way with some time between rounds. After I am satisfied, I disconnect the air open the low point drains ad a cup of antifreeze to each drain. For years I winterized my 96 Winnebago this way. That worked up here in lower Michigan, never had one problem. Now my 2012 recommends that I use antifreeze in the lines, probably because of the added complexity of an ice maker and filtered drinking water tap.

After I bought the new RV I started paying the dealership that I bought the RV from to do the winterizing for me. The first year they forgot to drain the water heater and had to buy a new one.
Love to
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote