View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Not only is this supposed to be the South, but where did all that global warming stuff go?
I still recall pulling into Fair Play SC (3 miles from GA on I-85) at 25F.. Wife whining about how much warmer it was in Townsend, GA where he were that morning.

Went on line for morning inernet run and Darling Daughter had posted the Morning temp in Darian (Next to Townsend) 27, Yup it was warmer, 2 degrees warmer.

As for Global Warming.. The myth of the year a short time ago. I have explained my position on it many times.

I took a tour of the White Lake, MI. NOAA facility.. One researcher explained a chart on his desk, Using assorted methods they had charted temperature trends going back several hundred years... Well turns out there were cycles within cycles within cycles and he'd graphed out at least 3 levels.

Nice Smooth curves, I think (It has been a while) Sine waves for the most part (Could be wrong on that) and at that time I projected the curves out for a couple of years beyond "Current" and yup, We remained dead on the curve.

HAD the industral revolution been the big heater the alarmists claim it was.. I'd have expected a "Bend" in the chart, or a jump, or somthing OTHER than nice smooth curves.

Well, the sortest cycle has cycled and now is back into a downturn.. Ineresting thing. it is about 11 years.

Anyone here know of any other 11 year cycles?
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote