Thread: Lupus Walk
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 09:06 AM   #7
aintgotnun
Admin. I guess..........

The following is the epitaph/speech that Kodie's brother Johshua gave at her funeral......

Quote:
8-2-05

My little sister was not like any other little girl you would see everyday, she was not the kind of person that would give up on something, especially her life.

I could see in her eyes she was ready for this time to come along time ago, I thought about this happening for about 6 months now, trying to prepare myself, I kept it to myself and didn’t even tell my best friends, but never thought it would be this bad.

Kodie was not the average 13 year old, she was the strongest person I have ever seen in my entire life and wouldn’t let go of anything including her mother. There’s going to be a lot of things I will miss about my little sister...... like beating a level on her video game because she couldn’t do it, pushing her fast in her wheel chair in the parking lots at the hospital while we waited for our mom to get the car, helping her take her medicine, arguing with her about if it was cold enough in the house or not, but the thing ill miss the most is her calling my name every 5 minutes wanting me to get something for her. I don’t know why, but from that early Saturday morning when they came and got her, I had a gut feeling she wasn’t coming home this time, I cant explain the feeling of knowing that she will never be here to get on my nerves again or ask me weird questions I didn’t like to answer but did any ways.

Out of all the things I will miss there is one thing I defiantly wont miss.........and that’s seeing her sit on the coach ever single day watching TV all day long, not be able to live a normal life, wishing she would just stop hurting and go out and live like a 13 year old should, hoping she would get better soon so she wouldn’t have to see me and my mother suffer anymore. I did my best to take care of her, now it’s her turn to take care of me.

As much as it hurts to let her go, we all know this is for the best and stop being so sad for our selves and starting being happy for her.

Sincerely and Always
Joshua Wayne Farmer
again, my wife's donation page
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg...upId=206630824

thanks,

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote