Thread: ISS monitoring
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #17
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm

Orbitron will "predict" future passes, I don't know how far in advance (never tested it) first double click the satellite you wish to predict (IE: ISS) and at the bottom of the top right frame there are two tabs "Satellites" and "Data" Click DATA to confirm the bird is selected

At the bottom of the bottom frame are a number of tabs Click the LOCATION tab and tell it where you are.

then the PREDICTION SETUP tab, on the left end of that window you can set how far ahead to limit, I'm currently set to 20 days

Then the PREDICTION tab. Click the PASSES button (if not already selected) and then PREDICT.. Next ISS passage on Detroit is 10/24/2008 at 10:48:55 Zulu (About 6 48 my time)

Very easy.. I do not think I read any manual or hepl file (I need hepl with spelling though, or is that help) Just played with the buttons.. Worst you can do is mess it up and "Remove" and Re-install fix that real fast
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote