View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
Radio
Administrator

Well, it was an interesting time. It rained from the minute we arrived, and should continue to rain until Wednesday or so. I learned to set up in the rain, that is, step by step on the checklist only you get wet and cold. (Note to self, get some page protectors for the checklist book.)

Pic 1) The camp sites in our section were curved and humped in the middle which was a little odd. They were also situated along a ridge which put us up into the weather. Interesting. Tried to capture the hump/curve of the site here. Water pressure was minimal on top of the ridge, so we never got a shower. Course you don't stink too much sitting around wet and cold!

So that's why there's no pics of us...no shower water, no pics!!

Pic 2) Looking out the picture window at the forested ridge at Red Top Mountain S.P. where it rained all of our 3 day weekend. We had several things in our favor: We like each other, the camper is roomy inside, and the rain outside was somewhat romantic. Also the food at the lodge was very good and that was an excuse to get out.

My brother and his wife came over from their site and we watched "Iron Man" on DVD and we slept a lot. I was amazed at how loud rain could be on the roof of the camper. I thought it was raining way worse than it really was. But once we got to sleep...man that was really good sleep!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TruckTrailerCurve.jpg (130.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg LookingOutAt ReTop.jpg (60.2 KB, 33 views)

KU4OJ "Wade" Ships Captain, CFO, Chief Engineer
KG4DQQ "Kathy" 1st Officer, Navigator, Best Friend
2007 F-150 SuperCab - 2009 Rockwood 8280SS
Lot's of mostly Kenwood stuff

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote