Thread: Hams Do It...
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
KE5ZRT
Super Swell Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to KE5ZRT
Default Hams Do It...

My wife Terra, KE5ZRU, and I have been trying to figure out how to generate new interest in amateur radio in our area. Among other things, we have decided to print some bumper stickers and t-shirts. We will give out the bumper stickers to as many hams as we can, and the t-shirts will be sold at or near cost at field day events, ham-fests, and other club gatherings.

We are trying to come up with slogans that are geared towards generating interest from the younger crowd, which generally find humor in programming such as Family Guy, Futurama, and South Park.

Here's what we've come up with so far:

1. Hams Do It With Whips and Paddles... ask me about amateur radio!
  2. Amateur Radio--Get Your Freq On!
  3. Show Us Your Dits... Ask me about amateur radio!
  4. -.-- --- ..- / -.. --- -. .---. - / -.- -. --- .-- / .... --- .-- / - --- / .-. . .- -.. / - ... .. ...
Our ham friends on Twitter have had a lot of input on this, and many are already expecting their bumper stickers. Please share your ideas now! Maybe we can start a poll after we've had a lot of suggestions and we can select and implement the top ten ideas!

What ham radio slogan ideas do you have?
Extra Class Amateur (Ham) Radio Operator, VE, SKYWARN Storm Spotter, ARES Volunteer, TSA Security Officer, Full-time RV dweller (Amarillo TX for now), webmaster www.PanhandleARES.org, Married to ke5zru!

KE5ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote